Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

He needs to be in and around the 1st team squad. Bleed him in. Pointless having these guys waiting in the wings but not giving them any 1st team game time, because when the time comes that they're needed they'll have zero experience.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He needs to be in and around the 1st team squad. Bleed him in. Pointless having these guys waiting in the wings but not giving them any 1st team game time, because when the time comes that they're needed they'll have zero experience.

This is true. If these players aren't going to be used even when we have injuries then we should have tried to loan them out to see what they can do. 

13 hours ago, KSV said:

What's the harm? He can't do any worse than a few against Fulham or Preston. Personally I'd start RHM and O'Hare. We lack pace.

This. All some young lads need is the chance. RHM I would be inclined to hold for the bench. We already have 2 strikers + Davis, although young Davis has gone off the boil recently.

O'Hare I would definitely start. He has earned his chance.

14 hours ago, NeilS said:

To be fair, it is very easy for us fans to say throw him in, give him a chance, but it is not our jobs on the line at the end of the season. There is a chance that O’Hare could be a great player for us, but a far bigger chance that he is not ready yet and will cost us goals, points and ultimately promotion.

There is a lot of pressure on us and Bruce to get promoted this season, and some of our fans can be very impatient if things aren’t going well. Not so long ago Grealish was being written off and sold for a couple of million, Davis is now a useless lump who is not good enough when after a few games it was Kodjia who?, Bree took some terrible stick at the game I saw him in at VP earlier in the season. Youngsters have ups and downs, can we afford the downs at this critical time of the season?

I can understand the calls for him to be given a chance as nothing’s better than a youngster coming good, but like @mikeyp102 says a gentle introduction here and there is the ideal way to go.

Just to clarify, I do hope he gets a chance (and think he will), grabs an assist or goal when he gets a chance and gives Bruce a selection option and makes it hard to leave him out.

There is a lot in what you say, Neil, but something has to change. If we have a couple of more performances like the last two, we will be struggling and his job will be on the line anyway.

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Exactly. He should already have been given more game time for just this eventuality.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Apart from when he's played in the first team (albeit briefly) and looked more than good enough?

He has looked good in some games....but equally i think his last outing he was crowded out.

18 hours ago, NeilS said:

To be fair, it is very easy for us fans to say throw him in, give him a chance, but it is not our jobs on the line at the end of the season. There is a chance that O’Hare could be a great player for us, but a far bigger chance that he is not ready yet and will cost us goals, points and ultimately promotion.

There is a lot of pressure on us and Bruce to get promoted this season, and some of our fans can be very impatient if things aren’t going well. Not so long ago Grealish was being written off and sold for a couple of million, Davis is now a useless lump who is not good enough when after a few games it was Kodjia who?, Bree took some terrible stick at the game I saw him in at VP earlier in the season. Youngsters have ups and downs, can we afford the downs at this critical time of the season?

I can understand the calls for him to be given a chance as nothing’s better than a youngster coming good, but like @mikeyp102 says a gentle introduction here and there is the ideal way to go.

Just to clarify, I do hope he gets a chance (and think he will), grabs an assist or goal when he gets a chance and gives Bruce a selection option and makes it hard to leave him out.

I think many folk fail to appreciate the physical side and think ability can always negate it.....it doesn't always work like that and Jack Grealish has illustrated that better than most.

I think Callum is a tremendous prospect and would love to see him in......but, the manager cannot afford to have other  players having to chaperon him.....his skill, is there for all to see, but the Under 23's let you play to a degree, this league don't.

I don't think its as easy as some say.......but i would like to see him introduced more in games too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sne said:

He's 6ft and  72 kilo's according to the internet.

Not exactly a tender precious little flower who will snap at a mere gust of wind.

Really other than @TRO I’ve not heard anyone suggest he’s frail or lightweight or in danger of being outdone physically

Im pretty sure we could go through the League and find countless examples of similar players. They’ll had to start somewhere.

Im sure it won’t be easy but it never is

The only decision for me is whether to start him, try and play some front foot football, knowing we have more defensive players to bring on, whether Lansbury or whoever would be better to start so he’s on against tired defenders.

On balance I’ve changed my view and would start him....but don’t think Bruce will. It partly depends on his view of other players, there’s a few could be chopped around.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Callum O'Hare?

He will be lucky if he is 5ft 7in to be fair.

Looked around a bit and I'm finding everything from 169 cm to 180 cm so I'm guessing he's somewhere in the middle :D

Anyway he's not flimsy enough it should be an issue. 

Just need more game time to adapt to senior football.

18 hours ago, terrytini said:

Really other than @TRO I’ve not heard anyone suggest he’s frail or lightweight or in danger of being outdone physically

Im pretty sure we could go through the League and find countless examples of similar players. They’ll had to start somewhere.

Im sure it won’t be easy but it never is

The only decision for me is whether to start him, try and play some front foot football, knowing we have more defensive players to bring on, whether Lansbury or whoever would be better to start so he’s on against tired defenders.

On balance I’ve changed my view and would start him....but don’t think Bruce will. It partly depends on his view of other players, there’s a few could be chopped around.

I didn't say he was frail or lightweight although, lightweight can be interpreted in different ways, depends on context.

I said he was diminuitive and can get physically bullied out of the game, if we are not careful....its not a criticism merely an observation.

his last run out in the first team, he did well technically, like he always does.....but got crowded out and his abillity gets negated.

not making a major play on it, just trying to give an alternative view as why he may not be considered just yet.

ps He is not 6'0 or 11 stone odd that has been suggested.

pps i think the lad is tenacious and fiesty, but i am talking physicality and the ability to resist being taken out, sometimes unlawfully, because the refs are poor.

Edited by TRO

The games will not get less important the longer the season goes, nor will there be less pressure or less competition for places (hopefully) than there is now

Perfect time for him to play IMO.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sne said:

He's 6ft and  72 kilo's according to the internet.

Not exactly a tender precious little flower who will snap at a mere gust of wind.

He is not that big.

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’ve had it confirmed by Mrs Terrytini that size isn’t important, no, really, it isn’t....

Mrs Tro says it is and i have been married over 40 years :D

Â