Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I guess we've stopped talking about him. Still think he deserves minutes with the first team even if they are sub appearances. 

Early in the season he was consistently on the bench getting some minutes, but despite playing amazingly for the U-23s, he hasn't been given a chance. 

Jack’s back, it’s his position right now. Still feel he should be the deputy though.

• Like 3

Should have gone out on loan, there are senior professionals struggling to get minutes now so not sure how O'Hare  should be pushed ahead of them.

He is clearly excelling at youth level and really should have went out on loan, it was risky but there would have had to have been a ridiculous set of injuries for him to end up featuring.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Should have gone out on loan, there are senior professionals struggling to get minutes now so not sure how O'Hare  should be pushed ahead of them.

He is clearly excelling at youth level and really should have went out on loan, it was risky but there would have had to have been a ridiculous set of injuries for him to end up featuring.

Couldnt take the chance though, if we had another injury crisis he would have been in the picture; Too much of a risk to let him go.

If we go up he will be allowed out Id guess.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

First time I've actually watched him for 90 mins yesterday. Kid's got a big future.

I would not be opposed to play 3-6-1 next season to integrate O'Hare alongside Grealish. Absolute havoc.

This would be great.  The midfield could link arms to make us unbreachable too!

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Nigel said:

This would be great.  The midfield could link arms to make us unbreachable too!

Yes. They would have to go round us.

And if we moved the sidelines to make the pitch narrower, they'd never get past us.

On 02/05/2018 at 10:15, gilbertoAVFC said:

First time I've actually watched him for 90 mins yesterday. Kid's got a big future.

I would not be opposed to play 3-6-1 next season to integrate O'Hare alongside Grealish. Absolute havoc.

Relax Pep.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Digavilla said:

He’s has great potential! Hopes he’s given a chance next season ! 

He needs to go out on loan now and play some real football and see if he can have an impact. A couple of cup games and sub appearances for Villa won't do it. 

He has captained the U23's and done really well at the youth levels. Now is make or break time and sadly this the step up that the majority of youth players can't manage.

Jack went to Notts County for a season, and I think that would be a good place for Callum.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Honestly think he’s good enough now , maybe not as regular but good enough on the bench. However , got a feeling Bruce prefer more traditional winger like Green, rather than O Hare. 

So would I. Green looks to be much better and much more ready physically than o'hare. 

Think Green & O hare are different type of players. It will depend what kind of game we play. If we don’t have a target man type striker  , Green would  be less effective as traditional wingers game is going to line to cross. 

O hare has better close ball control & beats his man more with skill / sharper turns due to his lower gravity , composure , rather than speed & strength.  However, he will need teammates with similiar wavelength to move into space to receives his pass & vice versa .

In fact , think he looks more suited to Wolves/ Fulham style of play. 

On 24/05/2018 at 19:08, Digavilla said:

Honestly think he’s good enough now , maybe not as regular but good enough on the bench. However , got a feeling Bruce prefer more traditional winger like Green, rather than O Hare. 

He’s not a winger though is he? Thought he is more a number 10

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s not a winger though is he? Thought he is more a number 10

Yes I agreed he’s more a number 10.  A good number 10 is a rare find nowadays, as I think it’s normally the smaller stature players is more suited eg Eriksen/Silva/ Coultino etc. 

Can anyone recall if we ever had a good no 10( besides Grealish)? I can only recall Houlier tried Young in that role , but without much success.

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

Yes I agreed he’s more a number 10.  A good number 10 is a rare find nowadays, as I think it’s normally the smaller stature players is more suited eg Eriksen/Silva/ Coultino etc. 

Can anyone recall if we ever had a good no 10( besides Grealish)? I can only recall Houlier tried Young in that role , but without much success.

Merson

• Like 1

Nowadays teams normally played them as a pair or unit : Ali & Ericksen/ William & Hazard/ Silva & KDB etc. 

Hopefully he will given a chance beside Grealish soon, as they played together since young & should understand each other’s game well.

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

Image result for charles n'zogbia aston villa no.10

• Haha 1

Â