Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

On 21/05/2018 at 12:25, bobzy said:

It's a "good start to the tournament" if you meg a Hong Kong player and fail to deliver any sort of end product?

I blame Soccer AM :( 

Yes, he should be told to cut out the nonsense, play a percentage game and next time ensure to lump it up to the big number 9. THEN he may one day get to play for the mighty England in the future. 

Anywhere else in the world they would be exited about the potential of an exciting young kid and encouraging the maverick, not critical of the failure which is why pretty much everyone else in the world has better players than us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yes, he should be told to cut out the nonsense, play a percentage game and next time ensure to lump it up to the big number 9. THEN he may one day get to play for the mighty England in the future. 

Anywhere else in the world they would be exited about the potential of an exciting young kid and encouraging the maverick, not critical of the failure which is why pretty much everyone else in the world has better players than us. 

I’m not critical of the failure? I’m critical of him glowing about nutmegging someone on social media. 

Experiment in matches, use whatever flair you have, but it isn’t a success just pulling off a trick.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

We need a new manager , Bruce have no idea how to utilize such player .. it’s too advanced for him 

I'm not a huge fan of his but Bruce's role in the development of Jack Grealish would suggest this is utter bollocks.  O'Hare does have potential but I think he should have been out on loan this season.

But yes, if Jack does go (and I wouldn't be surprised if he did) then there would hopefully be more of a role for O'Hare.  Can't see him quite filling those boots just yet, though, if at all.

4 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I'm not a huge fan of his but Bruce's role in the development of Jack Grealish would suggest this is utter bollocks.  O'Hare does have potential but I think he should have been out on loan this season.

But yes, if Jack does go (and I wouldn't be surprised if he did) then there would hopefully be more of a role for O'Hare.  Can't see him quite filling those boots just yet, though, if at all.

How much did Bruce impact him or how much Terry. I think that would be up to debate.

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Jack & O Hare maybe similiar but their games differs a little. Jack physically stronger & have legs to carry ball from deep .. O hare has better close ball control / quicker feet , most effective in find space / gaps / teammates in crowded penalty box in tight areas , when ball is in circulation mode in the modern pass & move game. 

8 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Jack & O Hare maybe similiar but their games differs a little. Jack physically stronger & have legs to carry ball from deep .. O hare has better close ball control / quicker feet , most effective in find space / gaps / teammates in crowded penalty box in tight areas , when ball is in circulation mode in the modern pass & move game. 

Yes, I'm not saying they're exactly the same player.  I think the differences you've described sum up exactly why he hasn't been given more of a role.  That's not to say I wouldn't have liked to have seen more of him this season, but I'm not sure we could have afforded to take that risk, even with the hindsight now of us not going up.  Maybe next season he will get more of a chance and I would be interested to see how he takes it, but I still think he'd benefit from a few months out on loan.

Kids like him are the reason I’m not too crushed by the defeat today. Would never have featured in the Premier League. As least now we get to see what some of the youth team are made of. 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 2

Grealish has the body swerves, close control that I haven't seen since Brian Little.

O'Hare isn't actually that similar - he can beat a man, deliver a pass and maybe has more of an eye for goal than Jack - To me o'Hare is more like Barry Banan  than Grealish - that not to talk down COH - I just think killer passes are his forte - not ball retention and swerves.

• Like 1

I just hope not everyone  places all their hope on Callum thinking he is Grealish 2.0. He is just a promising kid at present.  If not he will be getting it  from the boo-boys at Villa Park by about November.

The last game he played for senior team  versus Peterborough he did little to suggest he is the lovechild son of Cowans and Grealish.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I just hope not everyone  places all their hope on Callum thinking he is Grealish 2.0. He is just a promising kid at present.  If not he will be getting it  from the boo-boys at Villa Park by about November.

The last game he played for senior team  versus Peterborough he did little to suggest he is the lovechild son of Cowans and Grealish.

More worryingly none of the others looked up to much either. 

It would be mental to expect him to replace Grealish so easily. Let’s not forget grealish had been part of the first team for 4 seasons now and had a loan spell at Notts.

O’Hare should have had more game time this season.

Â