Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Has been absolutely awful today.

Absolute bullshit. He was ok until that mistake. Had a decent first half.

I agree with DC on this one (doesnt happen often!)

I thought he was poor throughout.. Alot of misplaced passes and got beaten a few times. He will bounce back though.

He was top class in our first 2 games but he was poor today. Was no good going forward and didn't look as solid as a defender. Terrible decision making lost us the game. He will be a great signing for us but today was a bad day.

He's young, new to the league and is learning, and sometimes that's the price you pay in exchange for a crash-course in the Premier League. I wish it hadn't cost us a point, but he'll know better next time he's in that situation.

Speaking of which, I blame Guzan more than Amavi. Guzan is an experienced PL keeper. He had the ball under control, had time to consider his distribution, and a vantage point that could see their CB was pushed up still and bearing down on Amavi.... and what does he do?

If Guzan had simply kicked the ball out, or found another teammate in space, we would have taken a point yesterday.

• Like 1

Such a good player, hope that doesn't dent his confidence. Encourage him to do it at better times, not with 3 mins left away from home at 1-1.

Half our attacks come from him going round someone. I'll take a goal like that if he can get assists and goals at the other end.

In all honesty in the long run its probably for the best, he will learn from his mistake and this will guard against overconfidence. More importantly, my twitter timeline has been a lot less congested with mundane retweets since it happened, which can only be a good thing.

Â