Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Yep, I said last week that this lad was already on Luke Shaws level and fully expect him to get better and better. So much like Ashley Cole in the way he plays and pushes on looking to get around the fullback. Couple of misplaced passes but dominant left sided performance imo. Even Mata stopped trying to run at him second half. Frightening potential in this lad!

Aside from the obvious technical ability, pace, quickness, he effortlessly defends one on one, tackles well, and reads the game like no other. He anticipates what the opponent does so well. In one play, he was one on 2, read the overlapping run and nullified the play.

• Like 1

Had a really good game yesterday. Moves past defenders well to get the ball in and good at running back to defend. He's gonna prove to be a great signing I think!

His defending is so assured too. A few times he gave the attacker a lot of space, not because he was scared because he already knew exactly how he was going to dispossess them. Literally just steps in and takes the ball of them. Great positional awareness too, this kid is the real deal.

Amazing talent this kid, easily the best of the Jordan's. I especially liked how he took his men on and glided past them so many times tonight, was taking the piss...just shame it would then break down with ayew.

Â