Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Do you think he is going to play further forward in the coming months and years? Seems like he can play anywhere. Talented. 

I said this pretty after watching him in his first friendly for us. I think he could well become a quality wide player, I think his abilities going forward are superior than his defensive skills.

Do you think he is going to play further forward in the coming months and years? Seems like he can play anywhere. Talented. 

I said this pretty after watching him in his first friendly for us. I think he could well become a quality wide player, I think his abilities going forward are superior than his defensive skills.

Without having them to hand, I think his interception and tackling stats contradict this. 

Mind you I imagine his assists record is good too so......anyone got one of those cloning machine thingamybobs lying around

I dont think he notched up one assist for Nice during his time there. I think this was down to Nice having poor aerial strikers from what I read.

Already notched up two for us though (including pre season).

Is interesting to see him in that part of the pitch for France though, his two footedness really causes problems when driving at players in more central areas.

Without having them to hand, I think his interception and tackling stats contradict this. 

Mind you I imagine his assists record is good too so......anyone got one of those cloning machine thingamybobs lying around

I think the eye-ball test begs to differ though. Not saying he's a bad defender at all, on the contrary I think he's good defensively, but I think he's excellent going forward, so it's a fair debate to have. Bale started at left back before transitioning to an attacking player and something tells me Amavi could do the same. 

I think the eye-ball test begs to differ though. Not saying he's a bad defender at all, on the contrary I think he's good defensively, but I think he's excellent going forward, so it's a fair debate to have. Bale started at left back before transitioning to an attacking player and something tells me Amavi could do the same. 

Edited by mikeyp102
Bale was poor defensively though. Amavi isn't.

I dont think he notched up one assist for Nice during his time there. I think this was down to Nice having poor aerial strikers from what I read.

Is interesting to see him in that part of the pitch for France though, his two footedness really causes problems when driving at players in more central areas.

You sure on that...people on here were saying he was second behind Zlatan for setting up stuff last season?

You sure on that...people on here were saying he was second behind Zlatan for setting up stuff last season?

he was second in the who scored.com rating... which he managed with few assists.

Deschamps is still playing the veterans at full back, Sagna and Evra who won't be shifted anytime soon as he's still captain.

Could make back up but I think Kurzwa moved to PSG so he'll probably be reserve. 

Think Jordan will come into contention after Euro 2016 but you never know, I remember Chimbonda had a great debut season at Wigan and he made the French 2006 world cup squad.

Â