Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

This is going to be unpopular, but it's become very apparent to me in the last few games that Amavi can't last beyond the 75th minute or so. He is a brilliant talent who will continue to get better, and I am not scapegoating him, but he needs to be subbed late in the game. He gets tired and he makes stupid, stupid decisions that cost us.

The two 'fouls' in the corner were appalling decisions though, to give a yellow and then even a foul for the second were plain wrong. It's little things like that, that tip a game over the edge after Leicester were given a huge advantage by Tim.

Looks very good going forward, and 90% of the time comfortable defensively when he has some cover and support. When he's isolated 1-on-1, he looks weak, dare I say it as weak as Bacuna.

However, I think the coaching staff are aware of this and they try to get him the cover he needs - first half he had it from Sanchez and Westwood, second half it was a non-existant and he had problems.

I said this last week against Sunderland - if we are going to embrace his attacking skills, we are going to have to accept his weaknesses defensively, and the fact he often loses the ball in places he shouldn't by trying to take players on.

He's young, so hopefully he will learn. I wouldn't say he was any better than Bacuna today though, however unfashionable it may be to think that!

He is a very good player and Mahrez got no joy until he moved more centrally. Harshly treated by the ref for his booking and foul straight after

nice link up play with Jack and Gil as well

I think you've got rose tinted specs on mate. They were both fouls, and a yellow card was fair. If he had got a second yellow, I would have agreed with you.

I would also say that Mahrez moved more central, but still came up against Amavi quite a bit in the second and did him a few times, but then Mahrez looks a bit special to be honest.

He was brilliant first half and just had a bad last 20 minutes.  Didn't help that he was left isolated with no support. Not sure what our team was doing. We lost all shape and fitness.

Both him and Bacuna got doubled up on with little support.TBH if you turned the game on at 70 mins you would think we had been reduced to 10 men the amount of space they had all over the pitch

Â