Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I'm really sorry guys, Saturday is all my fault and I take full responsibility. After his impressive start, I put Amavi in my fantasy team. In place of Scott Dann.

If it helps, I am now bottom of the fantasy league.

• Like 3

Shame he seemed to stop taking his man on on the outside toward the end of the game, but he's a cracking player.

I think his biggest problem is being too rash to close people down.  Sounds odd, but a few times today the ball went to their right-hand side and Amavi would instantly look to close the player down, even if it should've been Sinclair/Gueye/whoever doing that job.  It often left holes behind which, thankfully, weren't exploited.

But, still, cracking player.

Edited by bobzy

Shame he seemed to stop taking his man on on the outside toward the end of the game, but he's a cracking player.

After last week do you blame him..... Keep the ball, pass the ball, do anything but lose the ball in last 10 minutes if we are not winning.

He's a joy to watch. Could actually be our best player at the moment.

Despite the facts that he gave away the free kick that led to the first goal, because he was behind the play and secondly was responsible for the breakdown in play that led to the second.

Rule 1: defenders need to be good at defending. Going forwarding he was excellent, he made some great tackles BUT he was partly responsible for both their goals.

He's a joy to watch. Could actually be our best player at the moment.

Despite the facts that he gave away the free kick that led to the first goal, because he was behind the play and secondly was responsible for the breakdown in play that led to the second.

Rule 1: defenders need to be good at defending. Going forwarding he was excellent, he made some great tackles BUT he was partly responsible for both their goals.

Although clearly he is one of our better players atm, VT does make me laugh sometimes.

Goal last week, Guzan rolls ball to Amavi, Amavi loses it - Guzan thread jumps 10 pages with people calling for him to be replaced and at fault for the goal, Amavi thread jumps 2 pages with people gushing over him being our best player despite 1 little error. Goal this week, Amavi caught out of position needlessly fouling a player 25 yards from goal and the resulting free kick flies into the top corner - Guzan thread jumps a few pages with people bemoaning his awful positioning, and he was at fault for the goal, Amavi thread continues to be filled with people gushing over him being our best player and only 1 person mentions his part in the goal

Us football fans are a funny lot sometimes

• Like 2

Â