Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Personally I felt he was a bit of a mixed bag, did some very good things, but did some poor things, his best work was going forward, he offers such a great option, can beat his fullback and put crosses into the box. At the back he was a tad naive and rash IMO, but that's fine because he's still a work in progress. 

Definitely one of the best performers out of our debutantes and I'm confident he will develop into a top player. I can't help but think that he might be better off eventually being moved further up the pitch though...

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

. I can't help but think that he might be better off eventually being moved further up the pitch though...

I don't get this at all.. Yes he goes forward but he can also defend well, why move him? He has all the attributes to become the best lb in the world.

. I can't help but think that he might be better off eventually being moved further up the pitch though...

I don't get this at all.. Yes he goes forward but he can also defend well, why move him? He has all the attributes to become the best lb in the world.

Personally I think he's a lot better going forward, Bale started as a left back and look at him now. I think Amavi could make a very good winger, but perhaps you're right, he could well become a great left back. 

I really wish but doubt it will ever happen that our own fans one day stop with the crap about being too good for us. What Tim and Wilkins and the rest are trying to do and hopefully succeed is to make Aston Villa good enough for the better player want to be with us. It's enough the media and other fans put us down at each and every turn, makes it worse our own fans do it too. Saying too good for us IS putting this great club down. Just my opinion and wanted to get this off me chest!

Couldn't agree more Naz.. I try to put it down to certain fans being brainwashed over the last 4 or 5 years with drivel about not being able to compete from previous managers. A defeatist attitude which also frequents the stands on match day.

What I will say is this, I would bet that out of the top players we have had down the Villa over the years 99.9% would have felt very privileged to wear the claret and blue if not higher. History and tradition are all in abundance at our great club and very seldom I believe does a any player come to Villa park and not realise this is one of England's most treasured club's. Amavi, Gueye and any of the current squad will realise they are at a massive club and have exactly the right stage to showcase their talents. And in time if/when they do move on they will look back feeling privileged also.

• Like 1

Nas , your opinion is too good for us.

Touché - lol .

Just really pisses me off those few little words. I'm sure other fans don't turn round and say x is too good for us (not that I'd know for definite). Wonder if Tim came out and said amavi is too good for us and be gone in a season or two the same ones saying the same thing would lay into him with venom ?

Also, the fact our left backs have been so consistently terrible for the past how many years and we suddenly see one that is capable of doing things such as running with the ball and passing accurately to a member of the same team it may tend to produce opinions like that.

I really wish but doubt it will ever happen that our own fans one day stop with the crap about being too good for us. What Tim and Wilkins and the rest are trying to do and hopefully succeed is to make Aston Villa good enough for the better player want to be with us. It's enough the media and other fans put us down at each and every turn, makes it worse our own fans do it too. Saying too good for us IS putting this great club down. Just my opinion and wanted to get this off me chest!

Couldn't agree more Naz.. I try to put it down to certain fans being brainwashed over the last 4 or 5 years with drivel about not being able to compete from previous managers. A defeatist attitude which also frequents the stands on match day.

What I will say is this, I would bet that out of the top players we have had down the Villa over the years 99.9% would have felt very privileged to wear the claret and blue if not higher. History and tradition are all in abundance at our great club and very seldom I believe does a any player come to Villa park and not realise this is one of England's most treasured club's. Amavi, Gueye and any of the current squad will realise they are at a massive club and have exactly the right stage to showcase their talents. And in time if/when they do move on they will look back feeling privileged also.

I certainly feel that the continental players appreciate our history more than the british players. That is down to the media in this country.

I thought he was the best player on the pitch tonight. I've seen two games and I have a feeling that pretty soon it's not going to sound as outrageous as it does now to say he's the best left back in the league.

Mata and Smalling were comfortably better, but best in a Villa shirt definitely.

Wow what a guy, he's like Ashley Cole on acid.

Great footballer, outstanding buy for us.

Incredible how with just him and Richards we look so much better at the back.

This isn't meant specifically as a criticism, but what do people mean when they say 'X is like Y on acid'? I mean, Ashley Cole on acid would just be a man struggling badly to play football, instead of having a paranoid freakout or giggling helplessly at something a teammate said. 

• Like 2

Yep, couldn't agree more Naz.

Funny thing is we've got a few players that are potentially "too good for us", meaning that we could have a very good team. Amavi, Gana, Traore, Grealish, Gil.... if we can get them to gel then maybe we'll actually be good enough for them.

Â