Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

He's made one mistake and it was costly. He'll learn from it and we'll move on. Yes it cost us a point and that is unfortunate but no one discredit everything else he's done since arriving here..

He should have just put it into row z but he's not that kind of fullback

People wanted a cultured attacking fullback with pace and trickery to get past people he is it

He's not a clogger hoofer who will just smash it into the stand whenever a player is nearby you can't have it all

• Like 2

Had a pretty poor game overall today. I think Guzan was at fault for the goal since he made the decision to roll the ball instead of taking his time and letting us settle down. So, I won't be too hard on Amavi for the goal. I hope he gets over it and doesn't become another insecure Villa defender.

He should have just put it into row z but he's not that kind of fullback

People wanted a cultured attacking fullback with pace and trickery to get past people he is it

He's not a clogger hoofer who will just smash it into the stand whenever a player is nearby you can't have it all

Love your first sentence. That's exactly it.

He'll get abuse for his contribution to their winner, but I think generally he's looked very impressive. He's a threat going forwards and has made some great challenges. Given how often he did take on Palace players today and beat them I can understand why he thought he could do it again, but of course Dann was fresher than him so it was overall a poor decision. Hopefully he'll learn from it and adapt.

He's actually so good (or maybe so good compared to his opposite flank) that teams go nowhere near him. In American sports parlance he'd be regarded as a shutout left back. He eliminates who he's marking from the game.

Been our stand out player this season and will make mistakes from time to time. Stupid decision to try and take a player on in that position but I think he will feel worse than anyone tonight after that. He will learn.

I thought today was easily his weakest display for us, he got caught out quite a few times.

Yes but that's weakest of three performances. If our attack hadn't been shite his mistake wouldn't have been so costly.

Â