Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Thor will have to improve an incredible amount to even be considered "decent".

He's up there with the worst players I've ever seen at Villa.

he's like Brett Holman, but much much worse.

My smiting days are long over @lapal_fan don't worry :D

I hope you are right about Thor, there is plenty to like about him. Like you say he has a good engine plus he does seem to have that knack for being in the right place at the right ime (attacking wise that is!).

I agree that he isn't suited to a wide role and that's probably not helping his progress - shame we don't have a few more cup games to give him an opportunity in the centre.

Anyway back on topic... Good for Amavi that he's got his call up.  I don't think he'll get much game time, but you can't begrudge him it.

• Like 1

It's no surprise that Amavi looks better in France, we all knew he had good potential. Following a long term injury it was always going to take a while to get back to his best. The club made the right decision to move him on this season as we couldn't afford giving him another season like last.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Agree with most of that, Mr Zeus (plz dnt smite me).

However, I actually think Thor will get better with time.  I don't think we'll see the best of him until late this season.  He's got a great engine, and he's willing to use it.  I don't think effort is going to be a problem with him.  

However, coming from the Swiss league, playing for Basel  where they win most of the time and he's played quite a bit in Italy too, these are much slower leagues than ours.  He's actually got decent goal scoring records from midfield at Basel and Pescara .  I think once he becomes more accustomed to moving the ball much quicker, he'll actually become an asset. 

He hasn't had a great start, but I think I see a pretty solid - if unspectacular - performer, if he is afforded the opportunity.  Pretty big IF though with the competition for those MF spots.  I don't think he's suited to playing on the wing or as a wing back though, so he may not get many more chances. 

You really need to start worrying if Mr Z turns up in the guise of a bull or a swan.

New reports saying he has triggered the clause confirming the permanent move and we have received transfer fee etc.

According to reports from L’Equipe (printed edition; 7th October - page 18), there was a clause in Amavi’s contract that Marseille will be able to sign him up permanently if he plays a certain number of matches – which is three.

Amavi has filled that criteria, and has completed a permanent move. Marseille will pay Aston Villa a fee in the region of 10 million Euros (£8.98 million) for his signature.

The former Nice defender has reportedly signed a four-year deal with the French outfit that will keep him at the club till 2021.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/07/report-suggests-jordan-amavis-move-from-aston-villa-to-marseille/

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

43 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Ha ha, three matches! Bye Jordan and good luck.

Exactly! He might have loads of potential and even play regular first team football for France but, the facts state that he was no great shakes for the Villa and that's all that matters.

• Like 3

On 10/6/2017 at 14:46, mikeyp102 said:

It's no surprise that Amavi looks better in France, we all knew he had good potential. Following a long term injury it was always going to take a while to get back to his best. The club made the right decision to move him on this season as we couldn't afford giving him another season like last.

Win - win situation it seems. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I fully expect to see that €10m re-invested appropriately on another 3 right backs.

It is the circle of life. You have to have 10 of one type of fullback and one of the other.

I remember we only had Hutton for RB but about 7 people who could play LB if you include Baker and Clark. Luna, Cissokho, Bennett, maybe even Enda Stevens.

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It is the circle of life. You have to have 10 of one type of fullback and one of the other.

I remember we only had Hutton for RB but about 7 people who could play LB if you include Baker and Clark. Luna, Cissokho, Bennett, maybe even Enda Stevens.

and knowing our luck that of all them players only 1 is currently at the club :crylaugh:

Â