Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Such a shame it didn't work or for us as he will undoubtedly go on to much bigger and better things. The injury definitely hindered his progress for us but I think he will go on to be a fantastic player.

Oh well. Thank goodness for Bikir. ;)

Edited by One For The Road

• 4 weeks later...

Potentially great news for Amavi with his competitor on the left at Marseille Patrice Evra having a melt down and "Kung-fu" kicking a Marseille fan in the head before last nights game in the Europa League.

Can't see him being able to remain in Marseille (Club or city)

Edit: Guy in the Nike cap on the left must be related to Karim Benzema

Edited by sne

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If he can't get in that team over an ancient Evra then he can't be good.

He's played 7 out of 11 games in the league and 3 out of 4 in the Europa League and has 2 assists.

Not amazing, certainly not terrible.

I imagine he had quite a bit of catching up coming from from our coaching set up and being totally shot of confidence after a dismal spell here after his injury.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Potentially great news for Amavi with his competitor on the left at Marseille Patrice Evra having a melt down and "Kung-fu" kicking a Marseille fan in the head before last nights game in the Europa League.

The Can Can... Teaching Frenchmen how to fight since 1840.

1 hour ago, sne said:

He's played 7 out of 11 games in the league and 3 out of 4 in the Europa League and has 2 assists.

Not amazing, certainly not terrible.

I imagine he had quite a bit of catching up coming from from our coaching set up and being totally shot of confidence after a dismal spell here after his injury.

Yeah he had some interesting words on that a few weeks back.

Jordan Amavi has spoken of his disappointment at not being able to regather his form for Aston Villa before leaving for Marseille.

Amavi suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury while on international duty in 2015 which ended his maiden season in England.

This frustratingly came after a promising start to his Villa career, but by the time he was ready to return the claret and blues found themselves in the Championship.

But despite this, he looks back on his time at Villa Park with a sense of “what if”.

“To play and not be able to show what I was capable of, with Aston Villa and in the English second division, at that time, it was hard, yes,” Amavi told L’Equipe .

“It was frustrating not to be able to regain all my abilities. I knew I needed almost as much time out with the injury to get back to 100%.

“The coach, Roberto Di Matteo, believed a lot in me. But my body did not respond as before. I couldn’t do the same things: take the ball, go ahead, strike, centre the ball.

“And then there was a change of coach with the arrival of Steve Bruce. I had a little softening off then, which was normal after I stopped for nine months.

“The coach even thought I had problems at home, when not at all!”

Bruce, who signed Neil Taylor last January, was reluctant to let Amavi go in the window and would have retained him but for the money Marseille offered.

“There’s been talk all summer,” Bruce said after the initial loan deal came about in the summer.

“I want to wish him the best of luck. He’s a smashing pr

“He had a horrific injury, unfortunately at the wrong time for him.

“Since I’ve been at the club he’s one of those where he’s never been a problem.

“However the money that we’re getting obviously is good business for both parties and we wish him the best of luck.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordan-amavi-former-aston-villa-13764209

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sne said:

Wow. When I was on the Marseille forum a few weeks ago looking for Reviews on Amavi they were anything but complimentary towards Evra. Looks like they were getting stuck into him and he retaliated. Poor from both their fans and especially Evra for reacting in that way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Whether he will go on to be a good player or not.....post injury, we could not get back the player we bought.

it happens, we have to move on, we did.

We have our objectives and we have to have players who can meet them.

In the team of the week according to L'Equipe

Maignan (Lille)
Sakai (Marseille), Djiku (Caen), Hérelle (Troyes), Amavi (Marseille)
André (Rennes), Luiz Gustavo (Marseille)
Thauvin (Marseille), Thiago Mendes (Lille), Neymar (PSG)
A. Mendy (Bordeaux)
Marseille doing great sitting in second behind PSG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

In the team of the week according to L'Equipe

Maignan (Lille)
Sakai (Marseille), Djiku (Caen), Hérelle (Troyes), Amavi (Marseille)
André (Rennes), Luiz Gustavo (Marseille)
Thauvin (Marseille), Thiago Mendes (Lille), Neymar (PSG)
A. Mendy (Bordeaux)
Marseille doing great sitting in second behind PSG

maybe thats what he wanted......not a battle in the uk.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

maybe thats what he wanted......not a battle in the uk.

Anyone not a hardcore Villa fan would be insane to not rather wanting to live on the French Riviera playing for a top team in Ligue 1 rather than duking it out in the Championship living in Birmingham :D

Maybe it also took him this long to fully recover from his horrible injury?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sne said:

Anyone not a hardcore Villa fan would be insane to not rather wanting to live on the French Riviera playing for a top team in Ligue 1 rather than duking it out in the Championship living in Birmingham :D

Maybe it also took him this long to fully recover from his horrible injury?

could be right  on both counts.

Living in Birmingham....hush your mouth:)

its on par with LA now since the refurb.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
Â