Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Good luck and hope he does well. One would have wanted to keep, but Taylor is nailing down the LB spot anyway, who will cover if he's injured/suspended? Bjarnasson?! The Board might need to have a look at the transfer market for this...

After watching last night, we really could do with someone to cover Centre back and left back - I hear Nathan Baker is decent. . . .

10 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

13.5 million confirmed?  Why would somebody pay that when we'd previously agreed to sell for 7million to Sevilla?

Either way, hopefully this will loosen the purse strings a little - cover for the left side and potentially a striker needed.  

...because Tony ain't playin' no mo' games.

No, I cannot see that fee being true but if so, well done all round!

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Good luck.

No hard feelings but not good enough based on last season's showing.

Yeah he's clearly not good enough for the championship, that's why one of the biggest clubs in France has loaned/bought him.

We should rather ask ourselves why he didn't want to stick around.

• Like 2

Be interested to see how he gets on. Chuffed we recouped £9m for him though.

The story will be that at Aston Villa he looked a fantastic player until that injury. Got to say I was never 100% convinced beyond his first 2 or 3 games - after that the defensive errors kicked in - but the Injury swept all that under the carpet.

Edited by hippo
  • Like 2

Not sure what to say about him really but based on what he did for us I don't see him as any great loss. The fact that Taylor replaced him and looked a big upgrade suggests that certainly in terms of playing in England he was never going to excel.

I think when he first came he had mixed performances. A couple really good, a couple really poor and the rest so so. Last season he at best looked average and at worse really struggled. I do acknowledge though he was returning from injury and certainly initially that would have impacted on his performances and also that he is still young. As for those saying he has been a good professional he has done no more than you'd expect from any player given he has never been mistreated here. The fact he wasn't able to cement a place when he came back from injury was down to his performances when he did get a chance.

I wish him well especially if us getting a decent fee for him rests on how well he does whilst on loan.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I wish him well especially if us getting a decent fee for him rests on how well he does whilst on loan.

It may also be quite suitable to Villa - if we get a fee, the fee would be paid in the next years accounts - helping, perhaps with next season's FFP figures, while losing his wages this year helps with this year's figures. Good luck to the lad.

• Like 3

I wish him the best and glad we got our money back. But I think he was overhyped right from the start and has shown exactly what he is - a failed winger who has been converted to left back despite having no natural defensive ability. That probably sounds harsh, but I don't think he is ever going to excel in either position.

So he's gone then. Time to Other Football him. As things are, Marseille are a bigger club, good luck to him. I think we will see him back in England in the future, maybe a Stoke level signing in a year or two. 

At least they didn't f about, like who was it, Sevilla, who played the BS game after his medical. Oh so wait, he passed their medical with flying colours? Quelle effing surprise Sevilla! Your loss. Well done Tony and the "money men" for recouping and good luck to Amavi. Not sure to this day what your best position is but fair enough. New chapter, best wishes, cash in the bank. 

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

Yeah he's clearly not good enough for the championship, that's why one of the biggest clubs in France has loaned/bought him.

We should rather ask ourselves why he didn't want to stick around.

Still think it's s shit league with no where near the intensity of the Championship. He will have less defending to do.

Also Birmingham as a second choice left back in the championship or South of France in his home countr? We don't really have to ask ourselves that. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

A decent player with a commendable attitude. Wish him the best for the future.

Shame it didn't work out but a move will be good for all parties. If we've got our money back or a little bit more then it's good business.

• Like 1

I would say, well done to Aston Villa's present management for getting their money back.

taking all things in to consideration....I still saw things that made me cringe defensively.....never rated him like some fans did.

best of luck to him.....and we all move on.

• Like 1

Â