Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Was a good move for him in the end. Has been a regular for them and they should be in CL next season regardless of what they do in europa.

I imagine growing up in Southern France Marseille is a club he'd have dreamed to have played for.

I think the fact Sevilla were also interested indicates his reputation in europe was intact from his spell here and people remembered the potential he showed at Nice.

We signed him a few years too late I'm afraid, same with Gana. He would've set up a load of  goals for Benteke with his crosses given Gestede scored from 3 of them.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

should be in CL next season regardless of what they do in europa.

They need to come 3rd for that to happen.  They're currently 4th behind Lyon.

Just now, Czechlad said:

They have a good chance at least making the finals of Europa. They have a good squad. 

Maybe, but "should be in CL next season" is not true at this point.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Marseille were absolutely no match for Madrid. Arsenal were more of a match than Marseille were.

I didn't see the game but was anyone expecting anything else? They are the 4th best team in France according to the league table. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Marseille are crap but atletico reeled them in by thinking was even game at start

Marseille missed a glorious chance first half.  I thought they played alright bar really obvious mistakes but, eventually, Atletico's quality shone through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Tayls said:

He was one of my favourite Jordans during that particular period. Thought he was doing well at Marseille though so surprised he has gone out on loan? 

Admittedly I don't watch a lot of French football, but it looks like he was their starting LB last season then got a couple of big injuries, and by the time he was back to full fitness, Marseille had a new manager that didn't use full backs, so he's had limited time and had to fill in at CB and LM. Also, Nice are above them in the table and just sold their LB to Watford, so not exactly a bad move for him, plus it's where he started at before coming to us, so probably just a case of a Win-Win-Win for all involved.

Â