Sign in to follow this  
Villaphan04

Jordan Amavi

Congrats to Amavi for making the UEFA semi finals tonight with Marseille.

• Like 1

Was a good move for him in the end. Has been a regular for them and they should be in CL next season regardless of what they do in europa.

I imagine growing up in Southern France Marseille is a club he'd have dreamed to have played for.

I think the fact Sevilla were also interested indicates his reputation in europe was intact from his spell here and people remembered the potential he showed at Nice.

We signed him a few years too late I'm afraid, same with Gana. He would've set up a load of  goals for Benteke with his crosses given Gestede scored from 3 of them.

• Sad 1

Really happy for him, always welcome back for me. Gave his best and I knew he would be a success there

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

should be in CL next season regardless of what they do in europa.

They need to come 3rd for that to happen.  They're currently 4th behind Lyon.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

They need to come 3rd for that to happen.  They're currently 4th behind Lyon.

They have a good chance at least making the finals of Europa. They have a good squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

They have a good chance at least making the finals of Europa. They have a good squad. 

Maybe, but "should be in CL next season" is not true at this point.

• Like 1

Watched a fair bit of the French league this season and Lyon been pretty inconsistant and not great defensively so Marseille I reckon will finish ahead of them.

With the draw today they should be in final of europa league aswell.

Marseille were absolutely no match for Madrid. Arsenal were more of a match than Marseille were.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Marseille were absolutely no match for Madrid. Arsenal were more of a match than Marseille were.

I didn't see the game but was anyone expecting anything else? They are the 4th best team in France according to the league table. 

Marseille are crap but atletico reeled them in by thinking was even game at start

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Marseille are crap but atletico reeled them in by thinking was even game at start

Marseille missed a glorious chance first half.  I thought they played alright bar really obvious mistakes but, eventually, Atletico's quality shone through.

Apparently he's on our retained list for next season and hasn't signed for Marseille?

Sign in to follow this  

Â