Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

12 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Get rid. Well, when we can that is.

If the bid was from china then that could still happen now as their window is open this month .

think it's more likely in the summer though and not expecting anywhere near £25m 

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Been disappointing ever since getting linked to OM. Shame he looked like he was getting back to last years promise.

he wont be going OM soon since they signed Evra who is still better than him

I keep reading how he hasn't looked the same since his injury, and to be fair I've said the same myself. 

But the more i think about it, I'm beginning to wonder if he was actually that great before the injury, or were we maybe just blinkered a little bit by the fact that he wasn't Bennett/Luna?

Perhaps we were just all so chuffed to have what we believed was a decent left back, that we maybe saw what we wanted to see? 

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

I keep reading how he hasn't looked the same since his injury, and to be fair I've said the same myself. 

But the more i think about it, I'm beginning to wonder if he was actually that great before the injury, or were we maybe just blinkered a little bit by the fact that he wasn't Bennett/Luna?

Perhaps we were just all so chuffed to have what we believed was a decent left back, that we maybe saw what we wanted to see? 

Its not just us though, I have seen other clubs fans & the press think he is good an all. 

He was still recovering through pre season and wasn't deemed ready until we'd played a handful of games, so always playing catch up. 

The way he injured his knee will always be in his mind when playing too, which is a difficult demon to shift. It'll take time, but there's a decent left back in there. 

The real Amavi will be seen next season no doubt, and most likely in different colours to ours. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He was still recovering through pre season and wasn't deemed ready until we'd played a handful of games, so always playing catch up. 

The way he injured his knee will always be in his mind when playing too, which is a difficult demon to shift. It'll take time, but there's a decent left back in there. 

The real Amavi will be seen next season no doubt, and most likely in different colours to ours. 

This! I recall Delph receiving similar universal slagging on here for a season or so after his lengthy injury spell, now I know we all hate him on here now, but read through his thread and you will see that he was an important player for us towards the end of his time here. We need to remember that Amavi has missed an important year of his development, he is not going to come back and slot straight in with no issues. There will be peaks and troughs of form, we need to stick by him  in the troughs or we destroy him.

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think people are writing him off far too early due to transfer tittle-tattle and a couple of poor games. The guy has got some ability.

His ability is limited to the attacking side of being a full back. Throughout his time here, before and after his injury, he's consistently shown that he's a terrible defender. Given that's the primary job of a full back then I find it baffling how so many people on here think he's the second coming. If he played for any other team people would be laughing at how many mistakes he makes. The amount of times he lets players run in behind him or is wildly out of position is incredible. I also think that alot of people are of the opinion that if you have techical ability and energy then you can "learn" how to defend as you gain experience. He has shown no signs of doing this and makes the same mistakes over and over.

For me he's an ideal wing back in a 5-3-2. That way he can use his attacking play and energy and have a centre back/sweeper to help sort out his many mistakes. But as a full back in a 4-4-2 I don't see him ever being anything other than a liability. Either he's not being taught how to defend or he can't be arsed to learn.

Edited by villa89

I think amavi defines the club at the moment. When we are playing well, he looks pretty good and appears to making an impact. However, as soon as something bad happens, be it a hard challenge or we concede a goal or something of that ilk; his mind goes to pot and plays bloody awful. Very weak mentality, whether this comes from his injury (especially after a hard challenge) or not, I don't know.

Not comparing them like for like but how good was Ashley Cole at the same age ? 

I think people are expecting him to be Stuart Pearce. Defending has moved on from crunching tackles every tackle, he would be sent off every other game !!

He needs to sort his boots out as every timeI've seen him play he slips over at least 4 times per game.

Brentford there was no one left midfield !! Thought morten harkett was supposed to play there or one of the other new guys but nope.

He's had some shockers but he is far from crap.

27 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Not comparing them like for like but how good was Ashley Cole at the same age ? 

a domestic double, over 50 games for Arsenal, about 15 England caps and played in a World Cup. Was then on verge of being a part of probably the greatest team in English football history ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

a domestic double, over 50 games for Arsenal, about 15 England caps and played in a World Cup. Was then on verge of being a part of probably the greatest team in English football history ;)

Sooooooo basically the same then? 

Find it very weird, Amavi may have been a liability defensively lately, but he has been one of our best attacking players, When Bruce decides to change formation, so to play wing backs, I'd think it would have been perfect for Amavi to play? giving Amavi less pressure defensively and a licence to attack? sounds like a match made in heaven. Then Bruce goes and takes him of and gives him no chance. Bet you that next match, he's gonna change to a 4 at the back formation and we will see Amavi play again. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Find it very weird, Amavi may have been a liability defensively lately, but he has been one of our best attacking players, When Bruce decides to change formation, so to play wing backs, I'd think it would have been perfect for Amavi to play? giving Amavi less pressure defensively and a licence to attack? sounds like a match made in heaven. Then Bruce goes and takes him of and gives him no chance. Bet you that next match, he's gonna change to a 4 at the back formation and we will see Amavi play again. 

Exactly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Just like we started crossing the ball the day after we sold Gestede.

We are England's football laughing stock.

• Like 4

Â