Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Just stick him on the wing.  

Put two great balls in yesterday.  One Ross **** up and the other he had his shirt pulled.

Makes a lot of interceptions which is his best defensive asset but that could still benefit us in a more advanced role.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He is Aston villa. When things are good he looks good but **** me he collapses like no other. 

I came in here to post exactly the same thing. 

He perfectly reflected the team today. 

Great for about 60 minutes and then totally fell to pieces

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

another shocking performance today. I'm even more shocked at the people he retweets on twitter saying he's our best player

He wasn't shocking. 

For about 60 minutes he was rather good, imo. Then he WAS shocking for about 10 minutes before he got the hook.

• Like 1

There was a moment in the game, one of the many that made the refereeing performance terrible, where Amavi was making a great run and one of their players kicked him practically into the stands.

The ref didn't even give a foul. It was quite amazing.

I think that rattled Amavi as that seemed to be the point where he fell to pieces.

i don't think he's necessarily a lightweight TRO, he wins his fair share of headers considering he's not that tall, and he often shows surprisingly decent strength to shield balls out, win tackles etc.

His problem is that he is too slow in thinking the game and recognising danger - how many times does he stand there daydreaming while opposition players run in behind? He often tries stupid things like trying to take on 3 players in his own half, trying to pass through opposition players.

He has some good natural abilities, but he needs a lot of coaching on positioning and reading the game. 

3 hours ago, andym said:

i don't think he's necessarily a lightweight TRO, he wins his fair share of headers considering he's not that tall, and he often shows surprisingly decent strength to shield balls out, win tackles etc.

His problem is that he is too slow in thinking the game and recognising danger - how many times does he stand there daydreaming while opposition players run in behind? He often tries stupid things like trying to take on 3 players in his own half, trying to pass through opposition players.

He has some good natural abilities, but he needs a lot of coaching on positioning and reading the game. 

Andy I respect your view.....but for me, I am running out of patience with some of these players.

i see so many times he gets physically outmuscled on the left.....no for me, Lightweight.

if what your saying is true, he needs more coaching, it should have been done long ago.

Ps I find it hard to accept that players who are signed for 10-12 mill need coaching to get an accepted performance from them.....we just need to be more decisive in our appraisal.

pps he gets too easily beaten for me.

Â