Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

However I really wish we'd have forced him out when that supposed £25m bid came in for him. 

I have a feeling that offer was just a Chinese dick measuring competition that didn't go too far.

*pun wasn't originally intended, but I see what I just did there.:ph34r:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have a feeling that offer was just a Chinese dick measuring competition that didn't go too far.

*pun wasn't originally intended, but I see what I just did there.:ph34r:

I agree and I don't think it did him any favors as I'd imagine having that kind of figure mentioned alongside your name could go to your head.

I think it is easy to forget with Amavi, and the same goes for the likes of Grealish, is how young he is and how little football he has played. He is still only 22, has under 80 senior starts and has missed pretty much a seasons worth of football due to a serious injury.

I also think initially we over hyped the lad. When he first came he had some good games for us, some pretty poor ones but simply looked like what he was, a young player with plenty of ability and potential.

That year out with injury has understandably set him back a bit. That ridiculous supposed 25 mill offer didn't help at a time he was trying to establish himself back in the team.

I think we all need to get back to seeing him for what he is - a young player, pretty inexperienced, plenty of ability and still unrealised potential. For his part he needs to knuckle down and ensure that potential is realised. By the misfortune of others he may well now get the chance to stake a place as a wide midfielder and I think he has all the attributes to play that role so let's hope he takes it.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's also had some poor games on the wing, but I agree it's worth giving him some more game time there.

He's had minutes here and there, but I don't remember him playing there for any length of time? Maybe I'm mistaken. 

18 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Had a decent second half on the wing. 

Interesting. 

Rotherham are a league one team in all but name.

Bigger tests in the next week so let's see how he does if he plays from the start.

I like Amavi but he's another who really hasn't made the impact I imagined in this league.

Seems to like it here but tbh if we get a decent bid in the summer I'd sell.

He will offer balance on the left.. good delivery more often with good protection behind him and im sure he will help out the left back considering he knows he needs it since hes a left back usually. If he can finish he could turn out to be a really good winger. Bale like equivalent in the championship. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's had minutes here and there, but I don't remember him playing there for any length of time? Maybe I'm mistaken. 

But when he was playing there last season, Richardson was behind him. So he was busy doing that job as well.

55 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

But when he was playing there last season, Richardson was behind him. So he was busy doing that job as well.

I don't remember him playing there last season. Probably too busy making sure everyone had their beach balls ready. I've only noticed him do it a couple of times under Bruce and maybe 45 minutes under RDM this season? 

Pretty forgettable on both occasions, but he really seemed to grow into the role on Saturday. Maybe they have been working on it in training.  

On 3/5/2017 at 19:59, Nigel said:

Im actually quite excited to see what he can do in this position for a couple of games!

He has pace and trickery....seems to be a perfect match.

Hope so. He'll have to do.

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Looking forward to seeing him on the wing, think he has the makings of a good singer who also knows the role of the left back.

Well, he couldn't be any worse than Mark Bunn was. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Based on yesterday? 

He was fine. Didn't see all that much of the ball. 

Based on his career here so far. Maybe that injury has ruined him. He's not good enough at the minute to be our left back in the Championship and he's not really a left midfielder iIMO. I think in a fully fit squad he will struggle to get any minutes. I hope I'm proved wrong but can't see it at the moment. 

Edited by Xela

Â