Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

7 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Just like we started crossing the ball the day after we sold Gestede.

We are England's football laughing stock.

Oh god, please don't remind me. the Gestede saga, made me so furious. We never ever crossed to him, it made no friggen sense. 

Edited by Chicken Field

20 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Find it very weird, Amavi may have been a liability defensively lately, but he has been one of our best attacking players, When Bruce decides to change formation, so to play wing backs, I'd think it would have been perfect for Amavi to play? giving Amavi less pressure defensively and a licence to attack? sounds like a match made in heaven. Then Bruce goes and takes him of and gives him no chance. Bet you that next match, he's gonna change to a 4 at the back formation and we will see Amavi play again. 

True, even if he wanted to give Taylor a debut he could play Amavi on the right where he has played for France under 21s, instead of Hutton.  I just think Bruce doesn't rate him and will be another on his way soon.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

True, even if he wanted to give Taylor a debut he could play Amavi on the right where he has played for France under 21s, instead of Hutton.  I just think Bruce doesn't rate him and will be another on his way soon.

And will probably go on to have a good carreer bursting forward and getting plenty of assists, and we will be left wondering why he couldn't do that in the f*****g championship.

Ok maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but such is the irony at Villa...

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Amavi's been shit. He'll have to earn his way back. If Taylor does ok, Amavi sits, I think.

14 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Amavi's been shit. He'll have to earn his way back. If Taylor does ok, Amavi sits, I think.

I won't pretend I know Taylor (might've seen him play once or twice but never really noticed him), but from what I've heard he is a disciplined defensive full back who doesn't push forward much.

If this is indeed the case he simply isn't the right player for a 3-5-2 at home against Ipswich.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 18:28, OutByEaster? said:

Today we started with Taylor who looks like he can do the solid coverage of one side of the pitch well enough, but isn't much of an attacking threat for pace. Then late on we brought on Green who has pace and can get forward but isn't a defensive player. Meanwhile, Amavi - the only player we've got who can do both of those things and the most natural left wing back in the squad, a player who fits this system better than just about any other player we've got - sits on the bench for 90 minutes. 

And he is brought on again, when we go 4 at the back. Makes me feel sick. He is born to play the wingback role, not the friggen defensive full back role required of him in this formation., 

I still don't think he's rubbish, in the same way I don't think Veretout was rubbish, and I don't think Hourihane is rubbish, it's just not working for them here at the minute. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I still don't think he's rubbish, in the same way I don't think Veretout was rubbish, and I don't think Hourihane is rubbish, it's just not working for them here at the minute. 

I rate Veretout, not seen enough of Hourihane but looks decent. Amavi however has some glaring weaknesses to his game. His concentration levels and general footballing intelligence aren't really there, and his passing is woeful. He does have pace and dribbling ability, but I'm not sure about him at all now, and at the moment, he's a complete liability.

At fault for the first goal last night. I've lost count of how many goals this guy has been at fault for since he joined. No wonder we signed a left back in January. I still wonder about the veracity of this £25m bid for him. If it was true turning it down was up there with the worst football decisions ever made.

Â