Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

18 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Give him a chance at left back in the 5-3-2 formation. I really think that he would do excellent there. 

Me too.

Really was a bizarre decision by Bruce to bench him when playing 5-3-2 but play him in 4-4-2 (or whatever is was against Barnsley)

Any sane person would do the other way round.

Edit: But I guess it goes in line with signing 2 pass oriented CM's and selling your target man and then start playing hoof ball. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

Me too.

Really was a bizarre decision by Bruce to bench him when playing 5-3-2 but play him in 4-4-2 (or whatever is was against Barnsley)

Any sane person would do the other way round.

Edit: But I guess it goes in line with signing 2 pass oriented CM's and selling your target man and then start playing hoof ball. 

First part is completely on Bruce's decision making although with Taylor injured, Bruce had to play Amavi regardless of what formation we are using. When both are fit, I really hope to see Taylor in a back 4, and Amavi in a back 5. Never the other way around like Bruce has done already.

Second part, I don't think this is on Bruce. Baker and Hutton are terrible with maintaining possession under pressure. Chester also is not great at that. When they get the ball and are put under a little pressure, they immediately just hit it deep. Better safe than sorry, but it causes us to bypass our midfield entirely and makes Hogan almost useless. Bruce needs to work on playing out of the back. Sam also is terrible at maintaining possession. People complained against Guzan's kicking, but Guzan at least would lump it up to Benteke's general area which worked half the time. Sam just seems to punt it anywhere and rarely allows us to build out of the back. Our strikers aren't target men so we will lose the ball 90% of the time doing this so we are under constant pressure. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

My god he doesn't want to be here does he. Just walked round the pitch and put in no effort.

I don't necessarily disagree with that Mike, but generally i just think the bloke isn't very good. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Had a decent second half on the wing. 

Interesting. 

We have a serious lack of quality on the left side going forward. Personally I'm not convinced by Amavi so far. 

Â