Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I agree. Adomah is the reason that Hutton is in crossing positions so often I think though, he gives the overlap option. Amavi rarely gets the chance to overlap because he's often our only threat on the left.

• Like 1

Somehow he constantly manages to flip flop between excellent and awful during games. 

One minute he makes a good interception, goes on a 40 yard run down the left beating 3 players and gets a cross in. Next minute he's passed the ball to an opposition player 10 yard away.

He will track back well and make a good tackle or clearance. Then he will bottle a challenge or stand in no mans land completely unaware while a winger gets in behind.

8 minutes ago, andym said:

Somehow he constantly manages to flip flop between excellent and awful during games. 

One minute he makes a good interception, goes on a 40 yard run down the left beating 3 players and gets a cross in. Next minute he's passed the ball to an opposition player 10 yard away.

Not flip flop at all. He was brilliant for 10 seconds. Dog shit for the rest. 

All in all, since he signed.... awful.

That will be seen as ott negative tripe by the ppl that are seemingly blind to the dogshit rubbish he consistently dishes up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

If has so much more quality in crossing than the guy who plays right back. We need to use him more in forward positions.

I floated the idea after his first month here that he should be used further up the pitch. However I'm not even that convinced of him being a good winger, his crossing is good when he's not under pressure but rarely have I see him run down the by-line getting challenged and whip a good ball in. 

12 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He really can not. Yet another goal that ultimately comes from a ball in behind our left. Johnstone has to do better, but it'd be moot if the ball didn't come in in the first place.

Had he been bothered he could have blocked that but he gave up trying to close his man down. 

Ive never got the fanfare for him either, he was average and extremely dodgy defensively before he got injured and hasn't looked any better this season in a crap league. The only thing he has going for him is he is OK going forward when he can be bothered.

Clearly cannot be arsed, he needs to be dropped or shipped out as he is a liability at present.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Not flip flop at all. He was brilliant for 10 seconds. Dog shit for the rest. 

All in all, since he signed.... awful.

That will be seen as ott negative tripe by the ppl that are seemingly blind to the dogshit rubbish he consistently dishes up.

:rolleyes: yeah, blind. Or able to weight up the positives and negatives, rather than brand any player that makes a few mistakes dogshit.

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's a left back that can't defend. If we can get £25m for him this summer, we'd be mad not to sell.

I' d bite their hands off.

However, I understand Joe Bennet is doing ok.....amazing how they can do it elsewhere (if he is)

• Bertrand nearly got ruined by us

i think this midfield is not helping him......there again it's not helping any department.

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Il change blind to blind and completely delusional ;).

Ah yes, delusion. Like comparing your own injury recovery to Amavi's? Like thinking every player is 'dogshit' but the manager isn't doing enough to have this team at least in the play off places?

Just now, a m ole said:

Ah yes, delusion. Like comparing your own injury recovery to Amavi's? Like thinking every player is 'dogshit' but the manager isn't doing enough to have this team at least in the play off places?

Hahahahaha..... where did I say he needed to have us in the playoffs? Or just at least competing in games and having a go more like. Don't let that get in the way of making stuff up.

As for amavi... I think he's dogshit. You don't. That's fine but I know what I saw last night and in many other games recently.

A man that can't defend, or even pass the most simplist of passes. 

1 hour ago, jim said:

Had he been bothered he could have blocked that but he gave up trying to close his man down. 

Ive never got the fanfare for him either, he was average and extremely dodgy defensively before he got injured and hasn't looked any better this season in a crap league. The only thing he has going for him is he is OK going forward when he can be bothered.

Clearly cannot be arsed, he needs to be dropped or shipped out as he is a liability at present.

Agreed. I think he's a bigger liability than Hutton as Hutton generally defends, Amavi can not. Sometimes his pace gets him out of trouble, but often it doesn't and it really shows his flaws when he's up against someone as quick, like Sako when we played Leeds.

• Like 1

Â