Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Far to lightweight.

Don't know if thats because he isn't motivated - or thats just how he is. - struggling to be average IMO.

Ditto

There's little to lose by playing him at left wing for the remainder of the season and potentially a lot to gain if he grows into the role. I must admit I'm skeptical that he will be all that effective - he doesn't really deliver a good cross under pressure, he needs time to get the ball under control and then the space to cross, he will get less of this in midfield as he will be getting closed down faster. However we may as well experiment with this position since we have little to play for. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hippo said:

Far to lightweight.

Don't know if thats because he isn't motivated - or thats just how he is. - struggling to be average IMO.

When he first came back into the team to replace Aly he was deceptively strong though, he was holding off tanks like Chris Wood as the ball rolled out of play, he was going shoulder to shoulder with some beasts. I was impressed. I have no idea what has happened since then, it has to be mental.

10 hours ago, hippo said:

Far to lightweight.

To ne fair isn't Taylor smaller than him?

Look at even,people like Ashley Young, Bannan etc.

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you remember when someone apparently bid £25M for him and people said he was worth more!

Give it a rest. He was bang in form at the time, and I for one believe that his potential hasn't gone away. 

Unless we need to balance the books for new signings or the manager doesn't fancy him, I'd still not take £25m for him now. I think there's a serious player in there.

• Like 3

people still talking about how a chinese club offered crazy money for Amavi.. if Amavi wanted to go.. we wouldnt have rejected it... easy to reject money when the player doesnt want to go. If it was Arsenal.. it would have been accepted. 

Anyway.. on to Amavi's form.. its sad that hes not the player he was suppose to be.. but his crossing is still good.. we just need him to get the ball more and put more deliveries in. His pace seems okay.. i just think LB isnt the role for him in England. Would like to see him get a few more games on the wing. 

• Like 2

Lucky not to give away on pen on sat - then got skinned and had to charge back and make a tackle that earned him a booking.

Sure there could be cracking player in there hiding somewhere - but that could be said for lots of players. It isn't showing at the minute - and the investment in Neil Taylor speaks volumes for Amavi's long term prospects.

I think it will only be the lack of a decent bid that sees him here next season.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Lucky not to give away on pen on sat - then got skinned and had to charge back and make a tackle that earned him a booking.

Sure there could be cracking player in there hiding somewhere - but that could be said for lots of players. It isn't showing at the minute - and the investment in Neil Taylor speaks volumes for Amavi's long term prospects.

I think it will only be the lack of a decent bid that sees him here next season.

Lucky for the pen yes. The booking was never even a foul, both players went shoulder to shoulder.

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lucky for the pen yes. The booking was never even a foul, both players went shoulder to shoulder.

The booking wasnt even that. Their player leaned into Amavi who simply wasn't there and he fell over, very poor decision by ref and linesman

• Like 1

He looked our best player against Wigan , he has a certain quality about him that the others hadn't. Maybe signing Taylor has dented his confidence but his quality will shine through in time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Give it a rest. He was bang in form at the time, and I for one believe that his potential hasn't gone away. 

Unless we need to balance the books for new signings or the manager doesn't fancy him, I'd still not take £25m for him now. I think there's a serious player in there.

"Give it a rest" 

Umm, okay, pretty sure it's the first time I've ever posted anything like this but if it's hurting your sensitive soul sure, I'll 'give it a rest'.

It's almost as if the guy didn't suffer a very serious knee injury which kept him out of football for more than half a year. Whilst I'd agree he has been a bit ropey at times this season (I certainly think he has been much more solid playing more advanced up the pitch), I'm just happy that he is back playing and seemingly shows no lingering side effects of that injury. At 23yrs old, he is still on the younger side and can continue to develop into a better defender...you don't just become shit overnight (unless your Stephen Warnock, of course :) ).

• Like 1

Oh good, this again.

Look, he's 23 years old. That's young for a defender (don't know how many times I've had to say similar things) and he will make mistakes along the way as he learns how to do the defensive side of the game. 

You can either piss and moan, get on his back and boo him every time he does slip up, possibly further destroying his confidence and potentially making sure he never makes it or you can just take it in your stride, let it go, support him and hope he learns from his mistakes. 

It's simple, really. 

'But what about (insert world class player's name here)? He didn't make mistakes at that age!'. Those are called exceptions. We don't have world class players here and haven't for a very long time. Be patient and stop being a Brummie stereotype. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

The booking wasnt even that. Their player leaned into Amavi who simply wasn't there and he fell over, very poor decision by ref and linesman

Yes it was a terrible decision. The player wasn't even anywhere near the ball by the time he'd fallen over. Was more obstruction  by their player than anything. 

43 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Oh good, this again.

Look, he's 23 years old. That's young for a defender (don't know how many times I've had to say similar things) and he will make mistakes along the way as he learns how to do the defensive side of the game. 

You can either piss and moan, get on his back and boo him every time he does slip up, possibly further destroying his confidence and potentially making sure he never makes it or you can just take it in your stride, let it go, support him and hope he learns from his mistakes. 

It's simple, really. 

'But what about (insert world class player's name here)? He didn't make mistakes at that age!'. Those are called exceptions. We don't have world class players here and haven't for a very long time. Be patient and stop being a Brummie stereotype. 

@lexicon cast a spell of superior sensibility on party

+4 wisdom unless character of class "Brummie"

Â