Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I think bringing in Taylor is the first step in us losing Amavi.  By most accounts we'll push Amavi up into midfield.  He's well able to play there, but it's not his best position.  He's going to be the next French leftback.  He won't like being 'out of position' in the context of his career.  Someone from France or high up in the Premier League will come in and offer him first team action at leftback and he'll be gone.

Not that I expected us to keep hold of him for long any way.  I just don't like the process of losing him to be quite so transparent.

Hopefully all the pundits are wrong and he remains at leftback.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think bringing in Taylor is the first step in us losing Amavi.  By most accounts we'll push Amavi up into midfield.  He's well able to play there, but it's not his best position.  He's going to be the next French leftback.  He won't like being 'out of position' in the context of his career.  Someone from France or high up in the Premier League will come in and offer him first team action at leftback and he'll be gone.

Not that I expected us to keep hold of him for long any way.  I just don't like the process of losing him to be quite so transparent.

Hopefully all the pundits are wrong and he remains at leftback.

He really won't IMO, no high up premier league club will sign him, he's about good enough for the bottom half of the premier league at best. He doesn't even stand out as the best left back in the Championship. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Is Amavi set to be the only survivor of those fateful summer of 15 signings?

No because he is off to China, Taylor is his replacement #ITK

...Not Really #ITK

Edited by limvillian

Yeah, I reckon Taylors arrival from Swansea spells then end of Amavi's time here. Shame as I had high hopes for the guy when he arrived, but that early injury has meant we won't see the best of him here, and I suspect he will kick on next season after getting this season under his belt. This season was always going to be an up and down season for him after last year.

Edited by NeilS

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He has alot of improving to do before he gets anywhere near that level IMO. He can't defend.

No doubt he has a lot of improving to do, but in a team of the quality that France aspire to, the attacking prowess of their fullbacks is perhaps even more important than the defending.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

He's going to be the next French leftback.  .

I would imagine Kurzawa and Digne will be clearly ahead of him. All 3 are around the same age and play for slightly bigger clubs

at moment Amavi isnt best left back at Villa

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Definitely going looks uninterested. He was shite yesterday again. If we get a 15m offer he is gone and to be honest if he keeps performing like yesterday it's best he does

We should be paying £15m for someone to take him off our hands. Awful player with no positional sense at all.

• Like 1

Â