The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Brendan Rodgers spent about £300million and took Liverpool backwards, had one good year thanks to Suarez (who he did not sign), was only successful at Swansea because other managers had laid the foundation and because they have a brilliant owner/directors, look at how successful all their managers have been. 

For me it is a BIG NO for Rodgers. 

Anybody who spends 300 mil and makes the team worse than there were when he took over does not deserve to manager of our football club. 

I'm really not getting the love-in for Brenton on here. You know what we're really really bad at? Defending. You know what Brenton is really really bad at? Setting up a defence. If he couldn't set up a defence with Skrtel and Sakho, how is he going to do it with Lescott and Hutton?

• Like 3

6th is the best we've achieved in the past, what, 25 years? Expecting a manager who's been decent for a top 4 club is unrealistic, IMO.

Not trying to be pedantic but we were second in '93, although it has no relevance to our current situation we are STILL a big club.

Based on what, a couple of trophies in the 80s? We were awesome before the first world war. Not so much in the last 100 years.

If we get shot then Rowett is my shout. He has acted like Lazarus at the sty taking a dead as nails club back from the dead and reviving them. He is a villa boy. Knows what this club means. My gut says he will be a cracker for us as he has fought all his career as a player and manager and knows exactly what Aston Villa FC means knows this would be the chance you, I, anyone who loves this club would kill for. He could be like big Ron and Sir Brian rolled into one but with the Doug politics. For me if we are looking long term its the perfect match. Short term fat dingle is the answer

think that would be too much of a gamble to be honest.  Fat sam for me we need someone experienced

• Like 1

We've been utterly shite for 4 years, I would take a steady hand to ensure mid table mediocrity however dull, limited and unfashionable she is. A comfortable 12th would seem like qualifying for the CL at the moment.

Would take Rogers in a heart beat, but not sure he would keep us up. He would never take us on? Fat Sam would be like God walking through the door, that's how far we have fallen. Terrible isn't it.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Who thinks he will actually be sacked?  I don't for one minute, not based on previous history.  If Sherwood is still waxing lyrical to the board I think they'll stick with him.

Just hope it won't be too late to turn it around, we must have run out of relegation lives by now.

If anyone listened to the Jonny Wilkinson interview after the England v Australia game .....it MIGHT change a few views, depending how you interpret it.

He said " you might all laugh at me now, but this England team are not ready yet but they will be amazing.....I know we lost all the scrums and that is/and has been our forte, but in 2 years time this will be some team..... we have some amazing players.

......Very brave after we was annihalated  at what we do best.... scrum.

I cannot preach for Tim Sherwood right now, but I think it is time to reflect in a balanced way.......and at the risk like Jonny Wilkinson of feeling foolish, he needs more time to fix it.

He needs to build from the back as all good teams do.....I don't think he has.....I think he has put too much emphasis on attack...... we can't do that until we learn how to defend.

Who thinks he will actually be sacked?  I don't for one minute, not based on previous history.  If Sherwood is still waxing lyrical to the board I think they'll stick with him.

Just hope it won't be too late to turn it around, we must have run out of relegation lives by now.

I think he'll be sacked because I can't see Sherwood improving us sufficiently.

At a guess I'd say December.

Dwight for manager ?

in all seriousness I think Big Sam is the best choice to keep us up & right now if take his dour football to do so and build from there.

once Randy buggers off we will probably  change managers for now the key is to survive !!

Edited by dounavilla

To be fair,  a lot of people are saying we shouldn't go for Sam because of the poor brand of football he plays,  but you know what,  I've been watching shit football for 6 or 7 years now.  I'm fact,  I'm quite used to it.  But it would be nice to see it done in a way which might win more than 17 home games in 4 years so I'm all for fat Sam.  

• Like 2

Â