The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think Rodgers would be tempted. Gil, Grealish and Adama are all the type of players he likes.

I agree. Whatever any of us think of Sherwood I actually think he has assembled a decent squad given what he had to spend. Gana, Veretout, Gil Grealish, Traore are all technically very good players. As an attacking full back I would also say Amavi is a very gifted player and likewise Richards.

The big question is whether or not Sherwood is capable of getting the best out of this squad and based on the evidence so far the answer is no although given more time that may well change. If I had to put money on it though then I would be far more confident Rodgers would be capable of getting more out of this squad of players.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Rodgers, like so many sacked managers, will want some time out of the game to lick his wounds and weigh up his options and let the Liverpool situation become a distant memory. I can't see him taking another job this season.

• Like 1

6th is the best we've achieved in the past, what, 25 years? Expecting a manager who's been decent for a top 4 club is unrealistic, IMO.

He has been woeful at Liverpool considering his net spend etc, his "tactics" cost them the title Suarez nearly won him by going for it vs Chelsea when he just needed a 0-0 and his faith in Skrtel the worst defender in Liverpool history is admirable but stupid

If we get shot then Rowett is my shout. He has acted like Lazarus at the sty taking a dead as nails club back from the dead and reviving them. He is a villa boy. Knows what this club means. My gut says he will be a cracker for us as he has fought all his career as a player and manager and knows exactly what Aston Villa FC means knows this would be the chance you, I, anyone who loves this club would kill for. He could be like big Ron and Sir Brian rolled into one but with the Doug politics. For me if we are looking long term its the perfect match. Short term fat dingle is the answer

6th is the best we've achieved in the past, what, 25 years? Expecting a manager who's been decent for a top 4 club is unrealistic, IMO.

4th in 1996 so 20 years ago.

Rodgers is not going to get a job at a top 4 club - Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd. Those clubs just outside in Spurs, Everton, Southampton won't be looking for a new manager any time soon. In terms of size of club we are arguably the best he can hope for, certainly this season, if he wants his next job to be in this country.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

What big club would be interested in Rodgers ? Apart from one season when Liverpool were carried by one of the best players in the world he's a mid table - top 6 standard manager. Think he'd do a decent job here but he'll probably end up abroad. Remember reading that he speaks a few languages. 

I want a manager who makes us hard to beat and who can organise a defence. For years now teams have waltzed through us far too easily and when they haven't managed to, one of our brain dead defenders has handed them an easy chance on a platter.

sick of us being pushovers.

Rodgers ain't gonna solve those problems so he can go suck a fat one.

Moyes and Allardyce would at least find our players testicles again. Not saying we should go after them but I'd rather have them than Rodgers.

Liverplop, a top 4 club! Excuse me while I choke on my fish bones! [emoji2]

I'd take Rodgers in a heartbeat. Nothing against Tim per se, just hypothetically if our job came up and he was available the I'd snap your hand off if offered. Would certainly organise us better than what we are currently seeing IMO.

• Like 2

Not trying to be pedantic but we were second in '93, although it has no relevance to our current situation we are STILL a big club.

• Like 1

Rodgers takes over Villa and instantly regrets being the tosser that took Benteke away.

ahahah. there is that. still though I think he knows how to organise a side well. which is something I think I was expectin gwilkins to help sherwood with and something we have seen precious little of in the defensive half of the pitch.

i saw palermo v roma and juventus v bologna today and if bologna and palermo are poor serie a sides (by all accounts they are) then the amount of mistakes made in possession, unforced errors if you like, were waaaaaaay lower than us on any given matchday. that's something i think rodgers could help out with and something i though wilkins would have brought to our game.

Wilkins is just using us for his retirement fund. He's already said this is his last job in football.

Wilkins has been a big disappointment. I expected him to bring something to the table and be a steadying experienced influence on Sherwood but from evidence seen to date he is just mugging us off and taking a fat salary for doing so.

• Like 1

Â