The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

@TRO

So you tell me....what IS our best team.

Might be difficult for Stefan to answer that given that he didn't  buy all the new players in the team himself.

Did ok with Spurs IMO.....managed to know enough to beat us comfortably

If that's enough recommendation to be the villa manager then most of the managers who've been in the league for the last five seasons qualify.

Talked himself in to the job..... do think that any manager, does anything but talk themselves in to the job, that's what interviewing is about.

Some managers also have their experience and record to recommend them. 

Edited by Villanun

He didn't do well at Spurs.

Spurs fans hated him for exactly the same reasons many Villa fans don't rate him.

Tactically naivety, not knowing his best team, baffling subs etc

This. The difference being that he got away with it up to a certain extent with Spurs due to them having a far superior squad compared to us.

Don't try to make the poor results, fit a problem.....because non of us know ,we only summise, its our opinion only.

Nobody is making anything fit a problem.

It;s quite clear that the manager is the problem, because he continues to make terrible subs, sets us up awfully, says the players aren't fit enough in October and still doesn't know his best XI.

He's a fraud.

Don't try t make out that you know best and that we're all embarassing because we want this total fraud out of the club.

It's patronising nonsense.

He's a Fraud........and you know that do you?

Well no. It's obviously an opinion. Based on his career so far.

He got handed the Spurs job when he didn't have his badges. Did an average job.

Talked himself into this job. 

He continues to make terrible subs, sets us up awfully, says the players aren't fit enough in October and still doesn't know his best XI.

Talked himself in to the job..... do think that any manager, does anything but talk themselves in to the job, that's what interviewing is about.

Terrible, subs, sets up awfully.......look he COULD be winning every game and nothing would be said about the things you mention......Its scapegoating.

Its called the BANDWAGON and it is running faster on here than the " Flying Scotsman"

Sorry TRO, I normally rate your posts, But this is a load of old shite.

Thanks Steve,

I know I'm in the minority and believe me I'm as upset as anyone, but i do think some of the stuff written on here is OTT.

I hear so much conjecture, that is only derived from Losing.....He could be doing nothing different come up with a few consecutive wins and nothing more is said....I can't just turn a blind eye to that, no matter how unpopular it may seem.

We are losing games and it is clear he or no other coach at B6 Knows why...............and it is also clear to me, That there is no Guarantee any other manager would know either.....Jose has spent fortunes and he can't stop his rot.

I am not going to join the masses and say get rid, even though I do see some of the specific claims of frustration, he has to work his way through it....until there is a clear danger of the drop and then I would concede.......blimey there were still folk on here still backing Lambert at the end and they say I'm talking shite.....rich me thinks.

Any other club in any other league, and Sherwood would be looking at the sack for this start. We've just finished with a run of winnable games, too. NOW it gets difficult. 

Maybe we can pry Gareth Southgate away from his cushy job. At least with him we'd have a manager who knows how to pick a team and make obvious substitutions at the right times.

• Like 1

Don't try to make the poor results, fit a problem.....because non of us know ,we only summise, its our opinion only.

It;s quite clear that the manager is the problem, because he continues to make terrible subs, sets us up awfully, says the players aren't fit enough in October and still doesn't know his best XI.

He's a fraud.

Don't try t make out that you know best and that we're all embarassing because we want this total fraud out of the club.

He continues to make terrible subs, sets us up awfully, says the players aren't fit enough in October and still doesn't know his best XI.

Terrible, subs, sets up awfully.......look he COULD be winning every game and nothing would be said about the things you mention......Its scapegoating.

Its called the BANDWAGON and it is running faster on here than the " Flying Scotsman"

Thanks Steve,

I know I'm in the minority and believe me I'm as upset as anyone, but i do think some of the stuff written on here is OTT.

I hear so much conjecture, that is only derived from Losing.....He could be doing nothing different come up with a few consecutive wins and nothing more is said....I can't just turn a blind eye to that, no matter how unpopular it may seem.

We are losing games and it is clear he or no other coach at B6 Knows why...............and it is also clear to me, That there is no Guarantee any other manager would know either.....Jose has spent fortunes and he can't stop his rot.

I am not going to join the masses and say get rid, even though I do see some of the specific claims of frustration, he has to work his way through it....until there is a clear danger of the drop and then I would concede.......blimey there were still folk on here still backing Lambert at the end and they say I'm talking shite.....rich me thinks.

That's a valid opinion.

But the post I was specifically replying too was nonsense. 

"What IS our best team?" - we could give you our opinion. But it doesn't matter. The manager has bought his own players to build his own team. He sees them every day and should know them inside out. It's his job to know his best team, yet he doesn't appear to. It's not a fan's job to know that.

"Did ok with Spurs, managed to beat us comfortably" - yep. he did "ok" with Spurs. Managing to beat us is hardly praise. We've been a terrible football team for years now.

"Talked himself into the job...etc" - your point here is totally wrong. Yes, plenty of managers do much more than talk themselves into jobs. They have impressive CVs, track records and achievements that set them apart as candidates for jobs. Sherwood has none of that. That was the point being made. he got the job based on him talking himself up as opposed to having a track record. It was a huge gamble.

"Terrible subs, sets up awfully.....etc" - As Stefan has already pointed out, this point makes no sense. Of course if he was winning games nobody woul dbe picking him up on these things. In that case these things would be working. As it stands, they're not working. Your point is like saying "nobody would be moaning about us not winning if we were winning"

I understand your point of view. It is still early days and Sherwood COULD turn it around. I don't think he willl, but it's a perfectly valid opinion. But the points you've made here to back it up don't hold up, imo.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Spurs fans hated him for exactly the same reasons many Villa fans don't rate him.

Tactical naivety, not knowing his best team, baffling subs, clearing in the woods to the media about his players etc

He hasn't learned a thing since he's been here and he's taking us down.

4 points from 8 games, including West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland at home. Sackable.

Stefan

I 'm not writing to be awkward or argumentative.....but we simply, are not close enough to him to know any of the detail that is related to our performances.

He might be doing everything he can......He might be the waste of time everyone is claiming he is.....but just because I'm in the minority, by my uncertainty, doesn't mean you are right either.....only further results will tell us that.

I'm not defending him unconditionally.....and the results are Fact.....even though we have 18 points as a result of 6 measly goals.

I think the time he has had with this new squad is embarrassingly short to sack him now.

I am not saying you or anyone else calling for his head is wrong in their ultimate judgment......because I'm not in a position to say that.

whether it was Tim Sherwood or uncle Tom Cobbly, I think now is too soon, with so many changes we have had.

Tactical naivety, not knowing his best team, baffling subs, clearing in the woods to the media about his players etc

He hasn't learned a thing since he's been here and he's taking us down.

4 points from 8 games, including West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland at home. Sackable.

Seemed to get the best out of Harry Kane.

Tactically naivety, not knowing his best team, baffling subs etc

This. The difference being that he got away with it up to a certain extent with Spurs due to them having a far superior squad compared to us.

so, you can be a poor manager as long as the teams ok?;)

It's not as if Mourinho has won things in the past is it?

Absolutely laughable comparisons.

LVG and Mourinho hahaha

..............but Sherwood has only just started managing......how could he have a winning or losing past?.....he hasn't got a past.

They have, LVG hit a brick wall today, makes our wembley appearance a bit more plausible and Mourinho, will bring it round, but right now he isn't and don't have the right now answers, that You're expecting Sherwood to have.

My comparisons are laughable, when they don't fit your view.

Right now your argument is supported by 1 win in 8 ......and my argument is not......advantage you.

How do you know that will be the same in 8 games time....what if it was 1 defeat in 8......what then?

Nope, your comparisons are laughable.

LVG's team are in the top 2 and it was one game. Sherwood's is over 21 games (20 points in case you forgot)

Mourinho is underachieving and could be fired.

Also, we don't have 8 games to see. I've seen enough. He's terrible. We're 4 points adrift already!

Edited by StefanAVFC

Any other club in any other league, and Sherwood would be looking at the sack for this start. We've just finished with a run of winnable games, too. NOW it gets difficult. 

Maybe we can pry Gareth Southgate away from his cushy job. At least with him we'd have a manager who knows how to pick a team and make obvious substitutions at the right times.

There are plenty of clubs who have had terrible starts and persisted for longer. Not that I'm arguing we should keep Sherwood of course, but I don't buy into this idea that Villa are somehow unique in refusing to get rid of under-performing managers.

We don't even know that the sack isn't looming over his head either.

He's a fraud.

Thanks Steve,

That's a valid opinion.

But the post I was specifically replying too was nonsense. 

"What IS our best team?" - we could give you our opinion. But it doesn't matter. The manager has bought his own players to build his own team. He sees them every day and should know them inside out. It's his job to know his best team, yet he doesn't appear to. It's not a fan's job to know that.

"Did ok with Spurs, managed to beat us comfortably" - yep. he did "ok" with Spurs. Managing to beat us is hardly praise. We've been a terrible football team for years now.

"Talked himself into the job...etc" - your point here is totally wrong. Yes, plenty of managers do much more than talk themselves into jobs. They have impressive CVs, track records and achievements that set them apart as candidates for jobs. Sherwood has none of that. That was the point being made. he got the job based on him talking himself up as opposed to having a track record. It was a huge gamble.

"Terrible subs, sets up awfully.....etc" - As Stefan has already pointed out, this point makes no sense. Of course if he was winning games nobody woul dbe picking him up on these things. In that case these things would be working. As it stands, they're not working. Your point is like saying "nobody would be moaning about us not winning if we were winning"

I understand your point of view. It is still early days and Sherwood COULD turn it around. I don't think he willl, but it's a perfectly valid opinion. But the points you've made here to back it up don't hold up, imo.

Well you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Irrespective of what I write folk will have their own opinions.

Let me make a few points.....In the summer many fans on here were very pleased with the summer transfer dealings despite, not seeing some play, there was much excitement, nothing wrong with that, now you are saying they are his signings which is correct and when I ask what his best team is..... you say he is the manager, he should know.

Now I know that is correct, but there is a little bit of selective value here ..... one minute, we are praising for a good summer trade, next we are castigating for poor selection, but at the same time, not saying what WE THINK he should have done.

"We have been a terrible football team for years now"......and we want a rookie manager to come in and Gel 12 new players and at the same time lose 4 of your arguably best and with 8 games gone call for his head.....Hmmmmmm

Some of the negativity actually relates to him getting the job in the first place.....nothing to do with results......just come out because we are losing.....He got the job with no experience.....Thats down to Tom Fox, He must have known his background, didn't he?

The comparisons are laughable

LGV and Man Utd obviously have very different targets to us but they are 2 points off top, 1 point clear of fifth having played 2 rivals for their position and 3 points from it

We're 4 points off our target, and that only if our target is stay up, which sherwood told us it wasn't, he said we'd never have to worry about relegation again, after 8 games we're 6 points off 12th, we've played four of the games we won last season and have 1 point from them

I would say give him time but I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he'd do anything with it, we aren't getting better, we aren't taking baby steps and gelling, we're getting worse, going nowhere, anyone saying give him another 5-10 games, what are you expecting to happen in those games? Him to finally find his best 11 and a formation that works? Because in the last four games we've had three maybe even four winnable games and we've seen six line ups and six formations, complete game shifting subs at half time twice, and apart from one half vs championship sha we've been **** awful

I just don't see where the improvement is coming from unless there is some sort of miraculous penny dropping moment from sherwood, and we aren't that lucky

The only penny dropping moment will be from Tom fox and it's going to come too late

• Like 1

@TRO

Might be difficult for Stefan to answer that given that he didn't  buy all the new players in the team himself.

If that's enough recommendation to be the villa manager then most of the managers who've been in the league for the last five seasons qualify.

Some managers also have their experience and record to recommend them. 

So If you don't know what our best team is ( and I don't.....but I'm not the one criticising the manager) how can you say, he is picking the wrong team;)

Tom fox did not have his arm up his back, he took TS on with no past experience.....he must have seen something, don't you think.

I'll bet LVG is looking for another job after today

3-0 down after 19 mins and top of the league.......Sack the Fraud.

Are you posting for effect now?

What on earth are you on about?

That was one game. United are still in the title race.

Under Sherwood we HAVE 20 POINTS FROM 21 LEAGUE GAMES.

WE HAVE 6 losses in 8 GAMES! We are 4 points adrift in OCTOBER. We had easy fixtures.

Stop being delibrately obtuse and see what's actually happening.

Labelling other fans embarrassing. When you're in the minority.

Have to laugh. Really do.

I did'nt label other fans embarrassing.....I merely said and I reiterate sacking him now would be Embarrassing.

I am well aware That I'm in the minority, that is a safe shot at what is and isn't right.

we have lost each game by the odd goal.....united was at he top that makes their performance even more unpalatable and the great LVG couldn't stop it.....so principles don't matter its the amount of games that count. ok

TS record to date .....piss poor.....even he will tell you that.

We all know why he was hired, he was hired because there were few good options, and he was keen. Plus he can talk a world class load of ****.  We were desperate, so welcome, Tim. 

I had no problem with that, especially as it worked out, but my problem was the seeming lack of a legitimate managerial candidate interview process after the season ended.

I'm pretty sure Sherwood was just given the keys to Villa Park in the summer, almost as a reward.

A more shrewd CEO or whatever title Fox has, would have at least sat down with a few other managers before going all in on Sherwood.

Â