The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Rodgers get the sack for being towards the top of the league and Sherwood is still here after guiding us back into the relegation zone!

Maybe because Liverpool are a miles bigger club with completely different aims.

• Like 2

The absolute last thing we need is to replace Sherwood with a guy with no track record because of his record as a player.

Viera might be a great manager but we are in no position to gamble to find out.

We really need a manager with proven premiership experience. No more gambles on up and coming managers, managers with one good season or anybody whose managed well in other leagues. I'm not asking to be shot up the league, just somebody who'd instill some stability, who'd make us at least hard to beat. As opposed to being the team everybody wants to play against.

Yea, heaven forbid we went for someone like Pellegrini or Koeman or Pochetino. All those crappy managers that had no Premier League experience prior to taking their first job in the Premier League.

I never said we couldn't get a great manager from another league, some of the greatest mangers we've seen have come from other leagues. But many of them don't work when they come to the prem. Would you take the gamble? As opposed to somebody who knows the league, the teams, the opposition managers? I wouldn't, we're not in the position for that, safe is the key right now. We won't attract any event managers, home or abroad in the championship.

Rodgers leaving Liverpool probably decreases our chances of Klopp.

Nah, still 0% of us getting Klopp

As for Rodgers I doubt he'll jump onto another job anytime soon, January at the earliest 

Rodgers get the sack for being towards the top of the league and Sherwood is still here after guiding us back into the relegation zone!

Yea it seems like our aim is to battle relegation every season rather than challenge in the top half. Liverpool are not a miles bigger club, they haven't won hardly anything in the last 10 years. Their deluded fans think they are a big club but nobody else does.

Yea it seems like our aim is to battle relegation every season rather than challenge in the top half. Liverpool are not a miles bigger club, they haven't won hardly anything in the last 10 years. Their deluded fans think they are a big club but nobody else does.

One of the most deluded posts I've ever read. 

Liverpool are a big club and way bigger than us.  The delusion is to think otherwise.

Not this again! Liverpool are still one of the biggest clubs in the world. A fee seasons ago they were challenging for the title!!

• Like 1

I think Sherwood will get until the Everton game. If there's no sign that the team's improvements will lead to more goals and more wins, I think that's the end for him -- and rightly so. I still think it's an eency weency bit early. For me, the only big issue has been his subs and some of the starting lineups, yet of course those are huge.  I wouldn't look for "management firing fever" to have a role in the decision. 

Edited by Plastic Man

Â