The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If anyone listened to the Jonny Wilkinson interview after the England v Australia game .....it MIGHT change a few views, depending how you interpret it.

He said " you might all laugh at me now, but this England team are not ready yet but they will be amazing.....I know we lost all the scrums and that is/and has been our forte, but in 2 years time this will be some team..... we have some amazing players.

......Very brave after we was annihalated  at what we do best.... scrum.

I cannot preach for Tim Sherwood right now, but I think it is time to reflect in a balanced way.......and at the risk like Jonny Wilkinson of feeling foolish, he needs more time to fix it.

He needs to build from the back as all good teams do.....I don't think he has.....I think he has put too much emphasis on attack...... we can't do that until we learn how to defend.

That's all well and good but the difference is that we don't have time to give him unlike international sport. If he relegates us those 'amazing players' will be gone.

• Like 3

To be fair,  a lot of people are saying we shouldn't go for Sam because of the poor brand of football he plays,  but you know what,  I've been watching shit football for 6 or 7 years now.  I'm fact,  I'm quite used to it.  But it would be nice to see it done in a way which might win more than 17 home games in 4 years so I'm all for fat Sam.  

what piss me off more is his lack of youth development. We have a young squad with talent like Grealish,Amavi, Gil and Traore and he has never ever given youth a chance unless his son Kevin Nolan

plus his football is absolute garbage

• Like 2

If we go for Allardyce we'll just be going in circles, playing the same old style of football that gets us nowhere. If we're going to go British then I think Rodgers would be the best choice.

• Like 3

I am not writing this for effect.

I am bursting with frustration with what is happening at B6 and the defeats are depressing me......but he must be left to get it right.

I am not saying that the time should be unconditional.....but as Jonny Wilkinson said on Saturday night, Individual errors can eventually drain Team confidence.

I do not subscribe to the vitriol that TS is receiving and I do not subscribe to all the experts that had him down for a "bad un" before a ball was kicked, sorry that is ridiculous.

......so a cockney accent and a bit of a swagger is tantamount to " barrow boy".....come on guys, grow up.

We had a manager who was talking through a straw and now we have one who is attacked for being brash and confident.....**** me its heads you lose tails you lose.

There are some very good writers on here that write some extremely balanced stuff......lets put all our personal hurt to one side and admit that calling for his head so early is embarrassing.

When you are winning a manager can come out with all sorts of crap and everyone buys it......When you are losing, its hard to get a hearing with the samaritans

• Like 3

If we go for Allardyce we'll just be going in circles, playing the same old style of football that gets us nowhere. If we're going to go British then I think Rodgers would be the best choice.

I'm sure if he became our manager I'd probably change my view, but can it really be worse than the tripe we've watched at home this season?

Not Rodgers though but if we get Sam I bet Nolan is his first signing. 

• Like 1

I'm going to try and let my head rule my heart here, not vice versa!

The evidence is that it's clear he doesn't have a clue, changing from 3 centrebacks to 2 half way through a game, when one of those players is playing his first premier league game is yet another example in the growing catalogue of cock up this manager has made, the goal against clearly shows it with the centre backs being too far apart. 

Refusing to play his strongest team from the start is another shocker.

When I saw the line up today my immediate thought was "He's panicking and he doesn't know what to do".

Playing ultra defensive at home to a Stoke side that hasn't won away all season is baffling. We're the home side, we should be taking the game to them.

His constant re-jigging of the tactics, formation and shape every 45 minutes is not going to help a team of largely new players settle and get into a rhythm with each other, all it will do is have a de-stablilising effect, result in poor results.

It's almost as if he's trying to figure out how to play Football Manager.

There's too many previous errors that he's made to suggest that he even has a clue about how to manage a premier league football club. His post match interviews are scatty at best, he changes his opinions on why we lost far too much.

This man is displaying traits that suggest to me he's not quite the full shilling, believes in his own inflated ego with a few psychotic traits and possibly ADHD. As soon as he realises he's not a successful Football Manager, or a competent one at that the better.

He really needs to be gone and have an adult take charge of team affairs.

One thing I will say though, and we saw the same in Paul Lambert which makes me think Paddy Reilly is the main player acquirer that under him we've signed some cracking players. Maybe time we had a Manager that actually knows what to do with them.

My thoughts entirely...great post.

Edited by Harry

There are some very good writers on here that write some extremely balanced stuff......lets put all our personal hurt to one side and admit that calling for his head so early is embarrassing.

Patronising nonsense.

Sorry TTO but his position as our manager is indefensible.

Not Rodgers though but if we get Sam I bet Nolan is his first signing. 

I'm kinda thinking that would not be so bad.

To be fair,  a lot of people are saying we shouldn't go for Sam because of the poor brand of football he plays,  but you know what,  I've been watching shit football for 6 or 7 years now.  I'm fact,  I'm quite used to it.  But it would be nice to see it done in a way which might win more than 17 home games in 4 years so I'm all for fat Sam.  

what piss me off more is his lack of youth development. We have a young squad with talent like Grealish,Amavi, Gil and Traore and he has never ever given youth a chance unless his son Kevin Nolan

plus his football is absolute garbage

And Tim's is good?

• Like 2

I am not writing this for effect.

I am bursting with frustration with what is happening at B6 and the defeats are depressing me......but he must be left to get it right.

I am not saying that the time should be unconditional.....but as Jonny Wilkinson said on Saturday night, Individual errors can eventually drain Team confidence.

I do not subscribe to the vitriol that TS is receiving and I do not subscribe to all the experts that had him down for a "bad un" before a ball was kicked, sorry that is ridiculous.

......so a cockney accent and a bit of a swagger is tantamount to " barrow boy".....come on guys, grow up.

We had a manager who was talking through a straw and now we have one who is attacked for being brash and confident.....**** me its heads you lose tails you lose.

When you are winning a manager can come out with all sorts of crap and everyone buys it......When you are losing, its hard to get a hearing with the samaritans

His personality doesn't really bother me, nor does the things he comes out with in press conferences so putting that to one side I still want him gone. Every ounce of patience I had for under performing managers went with Lambert. I supported him right up until the end and when he left I hoped it was for the best but fast forward and we're back in the same position we've been in for years except this manager has literally no experience and is making himself look very silly on a weekly basis.

What is left to support?

• Like 3

He's being criticised because we're terrible and he appears to have no clue what he's doing. Completely rational.

If anyone listened to the Jonny Wilkinson interview after the England v Australia game .....it MIGHT change a few views, depending how you interpret it.

He said " you might all laugh at me now, but this England team are not ready yet but they will be amazing.....I know we lost all the scrums and that is/and has been our forte, but in 2 years time this will be some team..... we have some amazing players.

......Very brave after we was annihalated  at what we do best.... scrum.

I cannot preach for Tim Sherwood right now, but I think it is time to reflect in a balanced way.......and at the risk like Jonny Wilkinson of feeling foolish, he needs more time to fix it.

He needs to build from the back as all good teams do.....I don't think he has.....I think he has put too much emphasis on attack...... we can't do that until we learn how to defend.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're on about here - it seems that, on the one hand you are saying that Sherwood needs to be given more time to "fix it" and then we will have an "amazing team", and on the other hand saying that all good teams need to be solid at the back and that Sherwood is not working towards this nor does he really understand that it is a priority. These two statements are at complete odds with one another

Without being overdramatic, for the first time in five seasons we are

at the point of no return - to give Sherwood any more time is complete madness. 

I hope that we could get someone better but I would prefer Alladyce, Moyes, Rodgers or Dyche in immediately

Edited by VillaCas

Patronising nonsense.

Fine, so I will put it less courteous.....I disagree with you.

You're a small minority, so to label 80% of the fans (just on VT) as embarrassing is patronising nonsense.

It's saying you know best. And we're pathetic for not holding the same opinion.

Sam Allardyce last season started like a storm trooper and the second half of the season west ham could of gone down.

stop panicing to anything but the status quo....its cheap solution searching.

Perhaps he might get a chance at Chelsea.

His personality has never bothered me, but if it's got to the stage where the players think he's a clown and they're losing respect for him, then I suppose it becomes a problem.

..............If

Edited by TRO

Sam Allardyce last season started like a storm trooper and the second half of the season west ham could of gone down.

stop panicing to anything but the status quo....its cheap solution searching.

Perhaps he might get a chance at Chelsea.

HE might get a chance to do what?

Â