The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think Sherwood will get until the Everton game. If there's no sign that the team's improvements will lead to more goals and more wins, I think that's the end for him -- and rightly so. I still think it's an eency weency bit early. For me, the only big issue has been his subs and some of the starting lineups, yet of course those are huge.  I wouldn't look for "management firing fever" to have a role in the decision. 

What makes you think we're improving?

We won our first game and we've lost 6 out of 7 since then.

@Stefan, is there anything anyone could say to convince you of this? I sort of doubt it. As I've said, I think we're playing more fluidly, with sometimes great pace, and the our players are showing more situational awareness of one another. They're playing more like a team. It ain't perfect. I don't think the whole ship is ready to sail, and there are worrying leaks. I also think Tim's subs have messed things up often -- maddeningly so, at times. But I think the players are getting better as a group, and I'm certain Tim has something to do with that.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to think what I just wrote is total bollocks:D

•  

Yep

Stefan, I feel I am lucky to have you think of me at all. If you keep doing that, I'm going to start thinking that my subtance-to-bollocks % is slowly improving. ;) I know I have a long way to go!

I read it. And I wish I had your optimism. But for me, we've lost 6 out of last 8 games. We won our only game on the first day of the season. There is no way we're improving.

• Like 3

Well if Randy wanted Sherwood to stay then Fox wouldn't have much say in the matter. Hopefully Lerner is leaving the decision up to Fox.

Lerner is daft, but he's not that daft, especially when it comes to his own money.

Well if Lerner doesn't want him to stay then Sherwood should be out of a job anytime now. I was really hoping for an announcement today.

Why are you so hot on Rodgers? His record was flattered by Suarez. What's so good about him?

The other day, you liked a post I made suggesting Rodgers as a replacement.

He's just someone who could get us playing entertaining football and also develop a footballing philosophy. He's done well in the past with both Swansea and Liverpool, and of course he has experience of the league, which isn't the be all and end all but still pretty useful. I'd be very surprised if Fox doesn't make some sort of enquiry behind the scenes.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Liverpool to Villa? I think not.

He took a championship club and made them good which got him attention. It's essentially the same job if he signs with us. 

I think Sherwood will get until the Everton game. If there's no sign that the team's improvements will lead to more goals and more wins, I think that's the end for him -- and rightly so. I still think it's an eency weency bit early. For me, the only big issue has been his subs and some of the starting lineups, yet of course those are huge.  I wouldn't look for "management firing fever" to have a role in the decision. 

@Stefan, is there anything anyone could say to convince you of this? I sort of doubt it. As I've said, I think we're playing more fluidly, with sometimes great pace, and the our players are showing more situational awareness of one another. They're playing more like a team. It ain't perfect. I don't think the whole ship is ready to sail, and there are worrying leaks. I also think Tim's subs have messed things up often -- maddeningly so, at times. But I think the players are getting better as a group, and I'm certain Tim has something to do with that.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to think what I just wrote is total bollocks. :D

•  

What are you basing this on, after we went 1-0 down and stoke let us come at them more. I am struggling to see where your getting this from.

I don't know. It's an inductive inference based on my observations of the matches on TV.  I remember how rusty they were at the beginning of the year, and I see that fading. I see a team spirit emerging -- slowly. That's all. 

I'm not a football-ologist. Sorry, too lazy to trawl through stats.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to think what I just wrote is total bollocks:D

•  

Yep

Stefan, I feel I am lucky to have you think of me at all. If you keep doing that, I'm going to start thinking that my subtance-to-bollocks % is slowly improving. ;) I know I have a long way to go!

I read it. And I wish I had your optimism. But for me, we've lost 6 out of last 8 games. We won our only game on the first day of the season. There is no way we're improving.

The results are terrible but I think the team is starting to be more aware of how each other plays.  Our main problem is creating enough of an attacking threat IMO (despite obvious defensive lapses), even though we've scored a fair amount of goals this season.  Teams can sit deep against us and we're currently not able to break them down.  The West Brom and Stoke games were classic examples.  I don't think either side ran us ragged, but they were "good enough" to get victories.

Our biggest problem seems to be not knowing our best starting lineup.  Another manager coming in would only tinker with this further - maybe for the better, of course.  I'd rather see us as a settled team before deciding Sherwood is the overriding problem.  In the same breath, if he was sacked, I wouldn't be overly fussed.  We all just want to see the team win.

• Like 1

Well if Randy wanted Sherwood to stay then Fox wouldn't have much say in the matter. Hopefully Lerner is leaving the decision up to Fox.

Lerner is daft, but he's not that daft, especially when it comes to his own money.

Well if Lerner doesn't want him to stay then Sherwood should be out of a job anytime now. I was really hoping for an announcement today.

Why are you so hot on Rodgers? His record was flattered by Suarez. What's so good about him?

The other day, you liked a post I made suggesting Rodgers as a replacement.

He's just someone who could get us playing entertaining football and also develop a footballing philosophy. He's done well in the past with both Swansea and Liverpool, and of course he has experience of the league, which isn't the be all and end all but still pretty useful. I'd be very surprised if Fox doesn't make some sort of enquiry behind the scenes.

Fair enough. Note: I like stuff all the time I disagree with. I love it when people take interesting and provocative positions, and I have always appreciated your perspective here. One of the first things I noticed on this board was your stubbornness about Lambert. I thought you were crazy. But the more I read -- and the more I looked at your awesome music selections in Off-Topic -- the more I started to see that you made some great points, and we needed someone to hold your positions so add to the diversity of opinion here.

• Like 1

I cant see Rodgers coming here, and the suspicion with him is that the good work he has done at his previous clubs has been built by the manager before him, I don't think he would fancy building on Tim's foundations.

• Like 1

Why wait? The bloke is a joke, the football is embarrassing and the results are going to see us relegated. I don't want to wait till Xmas, wait till Spurs or Swansea, I want him gone now. I know I keep banging on about the international break, but there is a reason that both Plop and Sunderland have acted today, Its the perfect time. If he isn't sacked in the next few days I would worry that maybe the club have no intention of pulling the trigger at all.

Any thoughts on DiMatteo? I liked his Chelsea.

I didn't. More boring than Mourinho's.

Any thoughts on DiMatteo? I liked his Chelsea.

He's shit but less shit than our Tim.

Shows you what I know. Hmmmmmm.

Jurgen Klinnsmann anyone???????

Â