The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think Sherwood will get until the Everton game. If there's no sign that the team's improvements will lead to more goals and more wins, I think that's the end for him -- and rightly so. I still think it's an eency weency bit early. For me, the only big issue has been his subs and some of the starting lineups, yet of course those are huge.  I wouldn't look for "management firing fever" to have a role in the decision. 

What makes you think we're improving?

We won our first game and we've lost 6 out of 7 since then.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this and I don't think we'll give Sherwood as much time as Lamberger. Fox is in now and regardless of what Randy wants, Tom will want the club up the table. I think if he wants to boot Tim, he will.

Either way, I'll just be F5-ing the BBC Sport website.

Rodgers get the sack for being towards the top of the league and Sherwood is still here after guiding us back into the relegation zone! 

Maybe because Liverpool are a miles bigger club with completely different aims. 

Yea it seems like our aim is to battle relegation every season rather than challenge in the top half. Liverpool are not a miles bigger club, they haven't won hardly anything in the last 10 years. Their deluded fans think they are a big club but nobody else does.

Not this again! Liverpool are still one of the biggest clubs in the world. A fee seasons ago they were challenging for the title!!

You're not a closet deluded liverplop fan are you? ????

I think Sherwood will get until the Everton game. If there's no sign that the team's improvements will lead to more goals and more wins, I think that's the end for him -- and rightly so. I still think it's an eency weency bit early. For me, the only big issue has been his subs and some of the starting lineups, yet of course those are huge.  I wouldn't look for "management firing fever" to have a role in the decision. 

@Stefan, is there anything anyone could say to convince you of this? I sort of doubt it. As I've said, I think we're playing more fluidly, with sometimes great pace, and the our players are showing more situational awareness of one another. They're playing more like a team. It ain't perfect. I don't think the whole ship is ready to sail, and there are worrying leaks. I also think Tim's subs have messed things up often -- maddeningly so, at times. But I think the players are getting better as a group, and I'm certain Tim has something to do with that.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to think what I just wrote is total bollocks. :D

Well if Randy wanted Sherwood to stay then Fox wouldn't have much say in the matter. Hopefully Lerner is leaving the decision up to Fox.

Lerner is daft, but he's not that daft, especially when it comes to his own money.

Well if Lerner doesn't want him to stay then Sherwood should be out of a job anytime now. I was really hoping for an announcement today.

@Stefan, is there anything anyone could say to convince you of this? I sort of doubt it. As I've said, I think we're playing more fluidly, with sometimes great pace, and the our players are showing more situational awareness of one another. They're playing more like a team. It ain't perfect. I don't think the whole ship is ready to sail, and there are worrying leaks. I also think Tim's subs have messed things up often -- maddeningly so, at times. But I think the players are getting better as a group, and I'm certain Tim has something to do with that.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to think what I just wrote is total bollocks:D

•  

Yep

Well if Randy wanted Sherwood to stay then Fox wouldn't have much say in the matter. Hopefully Lerner is leaving the decision up to Fox.

Lerner is daft, but he's not that daft, especially when it comes to his own money.

Well if Lerner doesn't want him to stay then Sherwood should be out of a job anytime now. I was really hoping for an announcement today.

Why are you so hot on Rodgers? His record was flattered by Suarez. What's so good about him?

I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to think what I just wrote is total bollocks. :D

•  

What are you basing this on, after we went 1-0 down and stoke let us come at them more. I am struggling to see where your getting this from.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to think what I just wrote is total bollocks:D

•  

Yep

Stefan, I feel I am lucky to have you think of me at all. If you keep doing that, I'm going to start thinking that my subtance-to-bollocks % is slowly improving. ;) I know I have a long way to go!

Lambert had 12 months, experience and Sherwood had 10 games, hardly a lot of premiership experience if you ask me

Fair enough. I still feel that it all ties into a bit of an introspective outlook. There are decent leagues with decent managers beyond these shores.

Â