Christian Benteke

Kwan

lets hope Pardew just keeps on doing enough to keep his job.

Beneteke will want a move to a big club at the end if this season.

lets hope we are the only Big club interested in strengthening our frontline for the premier league after promotion.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Benteke trending on twitter l, amazing how much stick he gets, specially from those gobshite Liverpool fans. 

Benteke has scored more league goals than any of their players and scoring recording is top quality. He has huge flaws but if he keeps putting the ball in the net he's doing his job

25 minutes ago, villa_shere said:

Saw Benteke trending on twitter l, amazing how much stick he gets, specially from those gobshite Liverpool fans. 

Benteke has scored more league goals than any of their players and scoring recording is top quality. He has huge flaws but if he keeps putting the ball in the net he's doing his job

Benteke's Premier League scoring rate was better for Liverpool (goal every 168 minutes) than it was for Villa (goal every 174 minutes). But I don't think I've ever met a Liverpool fan who talks any kind of sense. 

• Like 2

anybody criticizing his performance today knows nothing about football. Palace wingers were playing full back and he received absolute zero service from a manager who played to keep the score down

hope he brought a book or an Ipod for his lonely stroll up front

On 1/1/2017 at 13:25, Zatman said:

anybody criticizing his performance today knows nothing about football. Palace wingers were playing full back and he received absolute zero service from a manager who played to keep the score down

hope he brought a book or an Ipod for his lonely stroll up front

He also missed a tap in

Will score a decent number of goals but will never get a shot at the big time again.

The damage is done, his reputation is tarnished. Will probably spend another 18 months at Palace, achieve decent figures, then a move to West Brom and Watford before finally winding his career down in the MLS.

His agent should be shot.

• Like 1

one main gripe ive always had here about westwood is about his floaty corners bollocks...Didnt lambert say "if your best header'r of the ball wants certain cross you do whatever he wants". And ive noticed townsand doing the exact same for C.P.

Just feel a lot of the "blame" for that should have gone towards benteke rather westwood. dont think any of them should have blame though tbh.

---------------------------------

"his agent should be shot". why? Do you think his agent was turning down moves from teams higher than liverpool? You think everybody in the country didnt know the exact strengths/weaknesses he had? He had to show he can overcome some pretty strong weaknesses for a move to top team. And he never for liverpool. Dont see why agent is wrong for any of that though?

if he was genuinely top team material. 32m would be a steal for any top team. But they didnt think he was worth it at end of day.

just falls into category of defoe/bent/bony/ (maybe lukaku) type strikers who are super valuable for under top 7~ teams 

Edited by gharperr

On 01/01/2017 at 19:23, Jimzk5 said:

id find it hilarious if he ended up being relegated, don't think palace will go down mind, but I'd still find it funny.

It would be a "funny" few years for him, whilst he's been paid a fortune and praised as one of Europes top strikers he's been in a dog shit Villa side before moving to Liverpool and barely getting a game and then to Palace and back to where he was with Villa.

Its probably quite hard for him to get his head round.

• 2 weeks later...

Palace getting smashed at crisis club West Ham.

Anyone out there who actually thinks they'll get relegated? I think it's a lazy assumption just to say they'll stay up just because Big Sam is there as they're not a good team at all.

Also have a look at their fixture list...these are the aways they've got left...

Bournemouth

Stoke

West Brom

Chelsea

Southampton

Liverpool

Man. City and Man. United.

Need 20 points from somewhere.

Lots of 6 pointers at home but they've lost 7/10 at home this season.

They remind me a lot of Newcastle last season.

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's also lazy to say they'll get their points at home... but they will IMO. They score enough goals to win games.

There will be a lot of pressure at home...they were awful at home to Swansea recently.

Looking at their aways I'm struggling to see them actually winning an away game so they could need as many as 6 home wins from their last 9...that's a very big ask.

Pardew messed up their winnable away games at Hull and Swansea so think they'll pay the price for that.

On 05/01/2017 at 21:06, gharperr said:

one main gripe ive always had here about westwood is about his floaty corners bollocks...Didnt lambert say "if your best header'r of the ball wants certain cross you do whatever he wants". And ive noticed townsand doing the exact same for C.P.

Just feel a lot of the "blame" for that should have gone towards benteke rather westwood. dont think any of them should have blame though tbh.

I said this over and over again.

I also said that even if it was Westwood's decision, why wasn't one of the 3 managers we had whilst he was doing it saying "Yeah that doesn't work so **** change it!"

Unfortunately, Westwood is too much of a scapegoat for people to realise that :D

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Â