Christian Benteke

Kwan

Any sell on fee would be a cut of the profit made on a player so say 10% of anything above 32.5 million in this case.

No money coming our way boys.

Be interesting to see how he does at Palace as I think Pardew will play to his strengths.  

14 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I cannot believe he is going to go there. Villa park, Anfield, Selhurst Park is not the way it was supposed to go for the big man.

It's a bit like Shaqiri....bayern Munich, Inter Milan....Stoke.

Think Palace will be in a relegation battle this season so will be like the good old days for him.

I thought Palace would be in for Loic Remy instead, Pardew managed him before and he's just rotting away at Chelsea doing little.

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Do we have a sell on? We could use that to fund some more players. 

How would that be negotiated? 

His contract said he could leave for£32.5m. Liverpool offered £32.5m.

There isn't really a lot of scope at that point to go back in with "how about£32.5m AND..."

I'd assume we could have negotiated in clause as we compromised on the payment structure, they wanted to pay a fiver a week and we wanted the whole lot up front. We could have got a sell on as we accepted half the fee up front.

Just thinking this morning....

Benteke I'm sure will have insisted on a buyout clause in his deal like here given Palace weren't far off being relegated last season and are on a terrible league run.

So say we get promoted this season...there's nothing stopping Xia bidding 25-30m and asking the question to him. I doubt he'd want to come back but would be a good way to excite everyone.

Nah, never go back.. unless you are Gordan Cowans! 

He has no attachment to this club. He did great for us when he was here but we were merely a stepping stone for him... unfortunately he took the wrong step

• Like 4

They've basically sold Bolasie and got Benteke in with very little difference in price. Superb business for Palace. 

I still hope he will come home to Villa when we are back in the Premier League. How far can Palace really go as a club, can they meet his ambitions? I think we can with the new ownership. For now though, good luck Christian! 

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Citing that living in London is a key factor just about tells you where his head is at with this move. I seriously doubt that we will ever see the sort of form he showed for us again in his career.

Will score 20 plus this season with the way Palace play. I have no doubt.

Â