Christian Benteke

Kwan

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Benteke will always score goals, it's his all round game that just hasn't developed which means he's annually fighting relegation battles.

Yes the reason why Klopp didn't want him. Klopp was right to replace him with Mane. 

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He scored 15 goals for Palace last season. That is pretty impressive. He is still a great player.

It was actually 17. Pretty damn impressive. He needs to go to Everton, that would do them both the world of good. 

I think he'd be amazing at Chel$ki. Conte has made Victor Moses look good FFS.

TBH he has a terrible agent. I know decent agents are hard to come by but if he had someone who actually knew a bit about football he could advise him a little better. 

Isn't his agent Eris Kismet? I think he is Benteke's former geography teacher from the DRC and also a used car salesman.

Edited by TheAuthority

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know some say it wouldn't be the same as 1st time around and he's no longer the same player (17 PL goals last season??)

But I can't imagine a signing that would get the fan base as excited as CB coming back. He enjoyed his time here, smashed in loads of goals and I think he would tear the Championship apart. It's a win win IMO. Loan him with an agreement to buy him if we get promoted. If we don't he goes back.

51 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I know some say it wouldn't be the same as 1st time around and he's no longer the same player (17 PL goals last season??)

But I can't imagine a signing that would get the fan base as excited as CB coming back. He enjoyed his time here, smashed in loads of goals and I think he would tear the Championship apart. It's a win win IMO. Loan him with an agreement to buy him if we get promoted. If we don't he goes back.

Yep i absolutely agree tekkers needs us as much as we need him. He wont be loved anywhere else as he was here and it woukd help him get his confidence back

Love the optimism folks and I am a big Benkeke fan, but I cannot see a loan signing like this in our present position.  Firstly, I think Benteke would flatly refuse to play in the Championship during a World Cup season.  Secondly, his salary must be best part of 100k a week, so even if Palace subsidised this, we couldn't do it with FFP.   I would take him in a heartbeat, but just won't be happening.  We are more than likely looking at loaning an u23 player from a top club. 

Â