Christian Benteke

Kwan

He's had a crap season but he's still a good striker and I think he'll get better. Palace look likely to stay up now (especially considering their improving form and their goal difference which is basically an extra point on the two teams below them) and they'll push on under Sam. I think he'll thrive next season to be honest. 

53 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Calm and composed finish. Him being at Crystal Palace is so depressing.

**** you Randolph.

Maybe - but I don't think we could turn down £35m for him.  He's a good striker, but he's not brilliant.

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Calm and composed finish. Him being at Crystal Palace is so depressing.

**** you Randolph.

As much as I liked Tekkers, he was always looking to move to bigger things. He served us well but I can see why he wanted to leave!

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

As much as I liked Tekkers, he was always looking to move to bigger things. He served us well but I can see why he wanted to leave!

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Maybe - but I don't think we could turn down £35m for him.  He's a good striker, but he's not brilliant.

I meant more as in we weren't able to potentially bring him back because we'd been relegated. 

His achilies exploding ended him as a potential world class player he lost that little bit of pace he had, Sherwood managed to get him to run through brick walls for him but after he left you had a player who's pace had gone and couldn't quite play in a less direct way (which is why he flopped at Liverpool, totally the wrong team for him). He's still a good player though.  

Even at this stage, if it's a choice between him and Kodjia, I'd much rather Benteke. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

10 goals in 27 for a struggling team. He hasnt hit the Villa heights but he is still doing well for himself

he has more goals than players like Vardy and Giroud have

Pretty weird comparisons - picking a player who isn't that good at all, plus Giroud who barely plays for his side.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Pretty weird comparisons - picking a player who isn't that good at all, plus Giroud who barely plays for his side.

Vardy was the top scorer last season, I think that's a fair comparison. 

21 hours ago, bobzy said:

We actually couldn't turn down £35m for him.  Or £32.5m for that matter.

Â