Christian Benteke

Kwan

5 games left to hit 6 goals in order to hit the big 20, and mask over an average season personally.

The good news is these 5 games include Man United, City and Tottenham so every chance. The bad news is they also face Hull and Burnley.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He usually turned up in the big games, but I also remember a hattrick against Sunderland, a hattrick against QPR, a fantastic goal against Norwich.

He was a superb player for us, genuinely one of the best we've had in decades. He put in superb performances against the top teams, against some of the strugglers, and most teams in between.

Those were big games :)  Massive in fact.

I didn't really get the non-celebration of both goals though. It's not exactly like he will be fondly remembered by the Liverpool fans. Might as well wind them up when you have the chance!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ponky said:

I didn't really get the non-celebration of both goals though. It's not exactly like he will be fondly remembered by the Liverpool fans. Might as well wind them up when you have the chance!

I agree klopp treated him like dirt. Bit goes to show what a classy guy tekkers is

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

it wasn't a case of treating him like dirt more that Benteke didnt fit into Klopps style of football and was never going to change that to suit Benteke. 

I personally thought he was treated terribly. Klopp spoke very negativetly about tekkers in public too and made an example of him Klopp Flopps

Very unprofessional and poor man management

Jurgen Klopp criticised for Benteke 'telling off' after Liverpool's defeat at Southampton

Match of the Day 2 pundits Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy felt the Reds boss was wrong to deliver a public dressing down to the striker

Jurgen Klopp has been criticised for taking to the field to issue a 'telling off' to Christian Bentekefollowing the Belgian’s costly miss in Liverpool's 3-2 defeat at Southampton.

Goals from Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge had put the Reds in control at St Mary's but Mane, who also saw a penalty saved by Simon Mignolet, scored twice and Graziano Pelle also got on the scoresheet to consign Jurgen Klopp's side to defeat.

Benteke squandered an excellent chance to restore the Reds' two-goal lead when the score was 2-1 at St Mary’s and Klopp appeared to tell his striker exactly what he thought of the miss.

But Match of the Day 2 pundits Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy felt Klopp should have kept the discussion a private matter, rather than a public one.

“I understand that he’s not his player, I don’t think he fancies him," Shearer said. "He didn’t sign him.

James Pearce's verdict

“I understand all of that but I wouldn’t take too kindly If I was a player and he came on to the pitch in front of 32,000 and let his feelings be known.

“No problem if he wants to give him a telling off, or whatever it is, but do it in the dressing room, in the four walls in front of the rest of the players, not in front of all the fans.”

Former Liverpool midfielder Murphy feels Klopp's energetic presence on the sidelines can often get the better of him.

“I couldn’t agree more, If you’re going to give someone a telling off then do it inside," he added.

“Sometimes he’s great Jurgen Klopp, he’s been a breath of fresh air but sometimes he’s overly animated on the touchline and it doesn’t always go down well with everyone.”

Edited by Demitri_C

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Benteke only comes out to play for the big games.

If that was true then it would make him the literal opposite of Everton's current flat-track bully.  But it isn't.  Benteke scores against everyone :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I personally thought he was treated terribly. Klopp spoke very negativetly about tekkers in public too and made an example of him Klopp Flopps

Very unprofessional and poor man management

ok I didn't know that. Fact is though unless you play to his strengths he's not as effective which means he'll never be a big club player. 

42 minutes ago, PaulC said:

ok I didn't know that. Fact is though unless you play to his strengths he's not as effective which means he'll never be a big club player. 

Yeah true but you could say the same about lukaku. if you play to tekkers strengths he will score you a shed load of goals, like sherwood, allardyce and lambert did/do!

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah true but you could say the same about lukaku. if you play to tekkers strengths he will score you a shed load of goals, like sherwood, allardyce and lambert did/do!

yes maybe Lukaku will never be a big club player either.

Â