Christian Benteke

Kwan

I dont blame him for leaving. Liverpool is a big step up from where we were under lerner, We all knew Liverpool wasn't the right club for him he should ahve either gone else where or stuck around. Then going Palace another poor move. He needs to sack his agent. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thunderball said:

Should've stayed, not bitter, but he really should, he would have no1 here and he would've developed where there was no pressure.

Liverpool and Klopp crushed him, his record was good there ironically.

He shouldn't have stayed, not in a billion years...but his agent really should have looked out for him and got him the right move. He was never going to fit in at Liverpool the same way lethargic Mario didn't.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jim said:

Wouldn't want him back. Massively  overrated and didn't give a shit about the club, he would have been gone after his first season had it not been for the injury.

At the end of his 1st season Spurs made an offer for him and Lambert convinced him to stay. He got injured at the end of his 2nd season and missed the Euros.

I found he was always very respectful about the club and he kept quiet in the press when his move to Liverpool eventually came.

50 goals in 100 prem games for a terrible team with a poor supply line - I don't know how that equals massively overrated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Liverpool have a habit of ruining our players, downing then tekkers lets hope not the same if they come in for amavi

I think Downing ruined himself FWIW, he just seemed like a very mentally weak player.

Benteke should have known that Rodgers wasn't going to change his style to accomadate him.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think Downing ruined himself FWIW, he just seemed like a very mentally weak player.

Benteke should have known that Rodgers wasn't going to change his style to accomadate him.

I thought Rogers was sacked not that long into the season after Benteke arrived?

I have a fondness for Benterkay. A diamond among what was an incredibly rough, rough.

Would welcome him back any day. He deserves it as well. Villa Park to Anfield to a Sunday league pitch is terribly unfair.

Bolehall Swifts have a better setup than Palace.

Edited by sexbelowsound

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He had 5 goals in 11 matches for Palace who are struggling. I think he is doing fine for them. I do hope that we can somehow resign him though. 

He'll do even better when Fat Sam takes over. Should happen any day now.

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yeah he was but he was also a player who went through spells, could go 5 games scoring in every game just as easy as he could go 5 games without scoring and at times when his head dropped he wasnt anywhere near being in the game

Lewandowski has scored in 1 of his last 9 Bundesliga games. It happens to the best of them. There's also the little detail that - unlike most prolific scorers - he had to do it with a supporting cast of Agbonlahor, Weimann, N'Zogbia and Westwood.

• Like 4

Â