Christian Benteke

Kwan

I wish him all the best. He was great for us, can't ask any more.

All these goals for palace are already creeping him up the scorer table, getting the confidence he thrives on :thumb:

Best player the Villa have had in a very long time. Bigger version of Andy Gray perhaps?

Glad to see him knocking them in for fun again with the right service.

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think the most painful thing of the last few horrible years is seeing Benteke in a Palace shirt.

Seeing Villa in a Championship shirt is even worse, but yeah. It just looks wrong.

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think the most painful thing of the last few horrible years is seeing Benteke in a Palace shirt.

I thought him being disrespected by Liverpool and their fans was bad, but this hurts on a different level.

Showing how good he is again when he gets game time. When we get back to the Premier League we should re-sign him. If the doctor has the ambitions he says he does we should have no problem convincing him to sign. Long way to go until that day though it seems. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

He was at fault for 3 Swansea goals today. 

From set pieces? Yeah, I have no idea why we brought him back to defend them, I can remember several goals we conceded where he showed zero desire to win or even challenge a header. Didn't want to be there, wasn't even switched on, didn't even pretend like he was.

• Like 1

His record is good but has looked poor whenever I've seen him, a shadow of the player he was here, he has lost most of the pace he had, still very good in the air and good at the hold up stuff mind. But feel that the days where he could simply dominate the opposition are over.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Wouldn't want him back. Massively  overrated and didn't give a shit about the club, he would have been gone after his first season had it not been for the injury.

12 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His record is good but has looked poor whenever I've seen him, a shadow of the player he was here, he has lost most of the pace he had, still very good in the air and good at the hold up stuff mind. But feel that the days where he could simply dominate the opposition are over.

I think so too, I don't think he has it in him to terrorise back 4s like he could with us on a really good day....way it's going he'll be playing under Pulis before too long in which he'll become the ultimate one dimensional striker.

2 hours ago, jim said:

Wouldn't want him back. Massively  overrated and didn't give a shit about the club, he would have been gone after his first season had it not been for the injury.

Let's see if you're saying that if Gestede's leading the line for us when we get back in the prem....

• Like 1

Â