Christian Benteke

Kwan

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Palace it is then...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37125194

How the mighty have fallen.  When he left us I thought he would head to Dortmund or Atletico, but sadly he chose the wrong path.

He is back on it now though (although Palace with Bolasie would have probably been better), expect him to be off somewhere like the places you have mentioned or better in 18 months time.

• Like 1

liverpool was the wrong club for him, even Arsenal or Spurs would have been better, got more out of him and his stock would have risen. But it will rise again . Can do well at Palace, mercifully not the Albion and he'll be off in two years to a top side. Glad he's prepared to take the humble drop rather than obstinately sit on the bench at liverpool though...

43 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

He is back on it now though (although Palace with Bolasie would have probably been better), expect him to be off somewhere like the places you have mentioned or better in 18 months time.

Bolasie wasnt very good at assists from what I saw of him they do play with a lot of wingers though, think started 3 in one game last season :D

Townsend, Zaha, Sako, Puncheon plus Cabaye should give him better service than he got here or at Liverpool and rumour they want Young as well

it is quite amazing he was 1 in 2 striker for us given we havent had a set piece taker in a long time. and we played with agbonlahor+wiemann as wingers//inside forwards. wouldnt be surprised if he hit over 20 goals in prem for them.  (assuming he stays fit)

pretty perfect move for all parties involved

36 minutes ago, av1 said:

Found his level. 

Agree with this.

I doubt he will ever turn out for one of the elite clubs in Europe, he just isn't good enough.

i look at palace & think what can the offer him..such a shame that players think that the grass is greener etc (liverpool)

this new chair man of ours so far is doing a real hands on job, i would go as far to say that if we get back up big tone will spend again & will overtake palace & the rest of the dead beats who are just making up the numbers .

big tone could have done a deal with pool & cb. brought him back, smashed the championship apart & rose to the challenge next year with us next year..such a shame he applying his trade at a club the size of palace

1 hour ago, jim said:

Agree with this.

I doubt he will ever turn out for one of the elite clubs in Europe, he just isn't good enough.

Depends what you mean by 'elite clubs'. He averaged around 1 goal per 2 games in a team that was consistently one of the shittest in the league, a big chunk of which were solo goals he made himself.

He didn't work out at Liverpool, but I'll be stunned if he's not at a CL club within a couple of years.

3 hours ago, gharperr said:

you guys realise it takes 3 parties to agree to a move right?

and iirc, only one club realistically wanted to sign him for the money we would only accept. so what path is he supposed to choose?

He seems desperate to stay in the premier league.

Plenty of decent european clubs need a striker...but that would need him to take a wage cut and we can't be having that now.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Good question...one to ask Dr Tony I reckon.

Maybe the release clause negated that.

im sure release clause had be paid in full as it was a bit longer deal to get through at the time. i doubt any sell on clause

He will be love dby the palace fans though, good move for him to get back to where he should be. Interesting point about the sell on fee, hope that idiot fox inserted that as we could get a nice bit of cash out of it

Â