Christian Benteke

Kwan

When I saw some of the posts on here the other day and the way people were talking I thought I'd missed some news and he'd handed in a transfer request or something. I think he'll stay another season.

Please let's not have another Barry type saga endlessly yo-yo ing for weeks.

If he wants to go, let him go in June which would give us adequate time to get in replacements for the start of the season. I wouldn't begrudge him it if he scores the cup final winner.

If he wants to go, let him go in June which would give us adequate time to get in replacements for the start of the season. I wouldn't begrudge him it if he scores the cup final winner.

Easy said than done. Supposing a club comes in with a first bid of £18m and follows it with a final offer of £22m. Do we just 'let him go'?

If he does leave this summer the team that gets him will be so lucky. I think most United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool (hopefully no chance he goes there) fans don't realise what a player they would be getting.

I was certain he was leaving two summers ago. If we manage to keep him again that would be incredible but I really doubt it. The only reason I have a tiny hope he'll stay is because he won't want to risk missing out on the Euro's if he goes to a team where he won't be first choice.

Bar Aguero and Costa there is not a better striker in the league. Man United really need a striker and if they have any sense they would pay what it takes to get Benteke. Lets hope they don't have any.

Its strange how a lot of these internet robots you see on twitter etc dont really rate him because absolutely anyone i speak to at work and my pals (who are a mix of manc yoo, west ham, arsenal) all think he's the bollockks and have said he's far too good to be at Villa

Yes, let him go in June.

Let's not haggle over the price or get the best deal or anything.

Its strange how a lot of these internet robots you see on twitter etc dont really rate him because absolutely anyone i speak to at work and my pals (who are a mix of manc yoo, west ham, arsenal) all think he's the bollockks and have said he's far too good to be at Villa

Mostly just bitter Liverpool fans who're distraught after he made their beloved Emre Can't look like Titus Bramble on St Gerrards Day.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Liverpool and Rogers are desperate and the money they will offer to players in the summer will reflect that.

Just hope Benteke isn't one of those who will be lured by this.

They are losing their identity with Gerrard leaving, and their next big thing Sterling, this seasons obligatory flavor of the season overhyped young fast tricky english winger (there's a new one every season) is also leaving.

I guess it can go either way for them, you could argue it's a chance to be part of a new era for Liverpool, but more likely it will be utter chaos and a continuation of the decline we've seen this season.

Stay well clear of Liverpool Big Ben

The most depressing thing about this whole "where will he go" nonsense. Is not that the press take part, it's to be expected from those quarters, but that so many Villa fans discuss it as if it's a given . Where's the pride, we are not a F***ing feeder club to the likes of Liverpool or anyone else for that matter. He's under contract for the next two years, so they can all do one.

We are, though.  I mean, sure, it's depressing, but that's exactly the sort of thing that happens.  It's not really a bad thing if we're aspiring to develop as per, say, Swansea and Southampton.  Sometimes you need to sell to "bigger clubs" and re-invest in your squad.

Definitely not a given that Benteke is leaving, mind.  I'd love him to stay.  He's in a good place for his football right now.  However, money and more prestige does talk...

Yes, let him go in June.

Let's not haggle over the price or get the best deal or anything.

My point precisely! I find it annoying when I read lines such as 'just let him go' when there's a strong possibility the clubs bidding will be taking the p!ss with their offers. If CB's agent goes to the media about his client's 'desire to move' and Liverpool (for example) make a "final offer, take it or leave it" of around £20m, should we really 'just let him go'? B@ll@cks to that!!!

• Like 1

If we win the cup with him in the team, he's a villa legend in my eyes if he stays or not. He's pretty much kept us up twice on his own, I almost want him to test himself at the highest level.

Edited by Oaks
  • Like 3

We should offer his agent £10m and Benteke £5m plus wages of £80k/wk to stay for 5 years with a "no transfer in the next 2 years" clause.  Also, we should erect a statue in his honour.

It'd be worth it.  Well worth it.

Everton brought at 28m, we're thinking of selling at 35m, we have the wrong mentality. It's would take a massive bid to get teams like Everton or Spurs or even Newcastle to sell their prize asset, we need to change the image the press have given us that we are a selling club, we are not unless the price is ridiculous.

I have waited nearly 20 years for a striker like Benteke, we find him then let him go for a song, No, make an offer we can't refuse or do one UTV

• Like 1

Â