Christian Benteke

Kwan

You don't hear Liverpool fans or Arsenal fans debating which club they would prefer their best player to join. They get angry at the possibility,

Thats because theyre bigger clubs than us....lols

Pretty sure i heard plenty of people here talking about how liverpool fans are deluded because they think theyre going to sell sterling to R.M in the future...

Your post comes across very RAWK-like and is so cringy to read.

Football is all about money, not potential fan-base. And when teams offer considerable more wages than other teams, you have to accept players will move on. And theres nothing wrong with that

But I'm blowed if I'll join in a discussion that so readily accepts such a mediocre future for Aston Villa. Like I say, I don't give a flying fu""k who wants him . They can't have him. End of discussion. 

Then dont join in then? Coming into a thread telling people you dont want join in the discussion is so silly. Just click the back button and save everyones time 

Edited by gharperr

Some will probably think I'm overreacting but if we win the FA Cup the entire team (or at least the main participants in the cup run) will become legends IMO.

You might be surprised. There was an article on Yahoo earlier, turns out Liverpool were trying to get together all of the guys who got a winner's medal in Istanbul 2005. Anyway, they called everyone, and then realised that they hadn't phoned Steve Finnan. Nobody had his number, they tried to make contact with him through some tradesmen or something. Obviously nobody at the club has thought about him for years, and I doubt the fans have either. Why would they?

Point being, not everyone will earn the mantle of 'legend'. Some of the players we discuss everyday on here will fade into obscurity, and quicker than you think too. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Tim wants Benteke to stay, and I hope he's not getting his dream move this summer, so he'll stay to ensure his place in Belgian national side.

Next season we'll be so good he decides to stay for good. It can happen, right? :)

• Like 3

I hope the big man stays but, if his mind is already thinking about leaving, the cup final will probably be the last time we see him in a Villa shirt. Therefore, I'd love the fans to sing a new song for him at Wembley. Something for the Cup final occasion. Something like this, or better of course:

To the tune of Glory, Glory, Hallelujah. 

My eyes have seen the glory of the rising of the Lord. 

He wears the number twenty and he came here from abroad. 

He's Christian Benteke and we know he's gonna score. 

And, the Villa will lift the cup. 

Glory, Glory Aston Villa. 

Glory, Glory Aston Villa. 

Glory, Glory Aston Villa 

We're the greatest club in the world. 

When we won the league & European cup, our players were linked with no one, they were hungry, given a chance and blended extremely well.....admittedly times were different.....But the big clubs were still paying bigger wages than us.

The point is the more successful we become the more chance we have of hanging on to them/ the likes of Christian.... but we must keep developing the academy and retain our Soul and continue to search for gems.

I look at Liverpool, who do seem to have difficulty in hanging on to their best players and are up and down in their profile....I think to some degree they have lost a bit of their soul.

There are very few clubs that can make a success out of continually signing players on massive Fees/Wages.....Its an elite Group

We just need to stick to what we do best....and try to improve on it.

Edited by TRO

Some will probably think I'm overreacting but if we win the FA Cup the entire team (or at least the main participants in the cup run) will become legends IMO.

You might be surprised. There was an article on Yahoo earlier, turns out Liverpool were trying to get together all of the guys who got a winner's medal in Istanbul 2005. Anyway, they called everyone, and then realised that they hadn't phoned Steve Finnan. Nobody had his number, they tried to make contact with him through some tradesmen or something. Obviously nobody at the club has thought about him for years, and I doubt the fans have either. Why would they?

Point being, not everyone will earn the mantle of 'legend'. Some of the players we discuss everyday on here will fade into obscurity, and quicker than you think too. 

Also, if you start calling lots of players `legends', it denigrates it for those who actually deserve it.

That is more like it.

I would still prefer a ``He is going nowhere''. After all, what the journalists have ignored is that he is our player for 2 more seasons, and we do not have to sell him.

It could well make more sense just to keep him and let him go on a free at the end of his contract. Provided we could be sure he would still put in the effort, of course.

If he wanted to enhance his career he would have to, but players do not always do the sensible thing.

When we won the league & European cup, our players were linked with no one, they were hungry, given a chance and blended extremely well.....admittedly times were different.....But the big clubs were still paying bigger wages than us.

The point is the more successful we become the more chance we have of hanging on to them/ the likes of Christian.... but we must keep developing the academy and retain our Soul and continue to search for gems.

I look at Liverpool, who do seem to have difficulty in hanging on to their best players and are up and down in their profile....I think to some degree they have lost a bit of their soul.

There are very few clubs that can make a success out of continually signing players on massive Fees/Wages.....Its an elite Group

We just need to stick to what we do best....and try to improve on it.

Scandalous how few of our 81 and 82 players actually got called up by England...the squad was even worse back then for big club syndrome than the present day.

*bought*

Good spot, thanks for your input, bit wasted on here though a spelling forum would be more in keeping with your skill set.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

It would make no sense what so ever for Benteke to leave in the summer. Especially to half arsed clubs like Liverpool/Spurs where where he will win the same as he would here and no likelihood of Champions League football either.  

Here he has, Guaranteed first team football on the eve of the Euro's being round the corner along with a new bumper TV deal. 

Said before, he/we should propose a new 4 year deal worth 100k per week, get 20+ goals next season and the golden boot at the Euro's then sell for £50m+ next season when every club is double filthy rich from the new TV deal and then up your wages to £150k per week for a Title challenging champions league club.

Roberts ya fathers brother… Everyones a winner! 

I should be an Agent!  :P

Edited by Kingman

He is pretty much a 1 in 2 striker, read somewhere on twitter if he scores today that's 50 in 100 appearances for villa - he's ripe for a champions league club that needs a striker, to come in for him, a team that will play to his strengths - that team I think is Man U. Hopefully though he'll be offered the wages to stay another 2 years at least.

He is pretty much a 1 in 2 striker, read somewhere on twitter if he scores today that's 50 in 100 appearances for villa - he's ripe for a champions league club that needs a striker, to come in for him, a team that will play to his strengths - that team I think is Man U. Hopefully though he'll be offered the wages to stay another 2 years at least.

My guess is Gabby will start up front to give him a bit of a run out and Benteke will be rested. I know Tim has said we'll go today with a strong team but I can't see him risking Benteke a week before our first final in 15 years. It would be silly!

Â