Christian Benteke

Kwan

He is pretty much a 1 in 2 striker, read somewhere on twitter if he scores today that's 50 in 100 appearances for villa - he's ripe for a champions league club that needs a striker, to come in for him, a team that will play to his strengths - that team I think is Man U. Hopefully though he'll be offered the wages to stay another 2 years at least.

My guess is Gabby will start up front to give him a bit of a run out and Benteke will be rested. I know Tim has said we'll go today with a strong team but I can't see him risking Benteke a week before our first final in 15 years. It would be silly!

What this space!

papers have a cheek.to say plop are demanding £60 mill for that little K**b end Sterling and gonna bid £30 mill for Benteke..Surely when they look back over what they just wrote they must give them selves a slap

There would be a media outcry if we held Liverpool for ransom over Benteke when they have suffered so much with that non gratefull money grabber.

Far better to help them out I say!

• Like 3

I would be astounded of Beneteke went to a club outside the CL. Its the usual Liverpool way, get your mates in the Liverpool loving media, to tap him up.

If Sterling is worth £40m+ I shudder to think what Beneteke is worth.

It's interesting to see how clubs will value the players in this potential merry go round, Benteke is a centre forward and goal scorer so commands the highest fee of any position on the pitch, and is also a more polished and effective player than Sterling currently is. Surely Liverpool can't convince say, Man City, than Sterling is worth almost twice what they're offering for Benteke. I think we're in a very strong negotiating position should we have to sell.

For what it's worth, I think he'll stay another year. He's still young, improving, and I think something that is a little overlooked in developing players is that he's playing in a team that doesn't win every week, so he's learning patience and how to influence games when it's not going your way. When he finally goes, I see him having a similar role and career as Drogba did at Chelsea, I think he's that good. Hopefully he can help us win an FA cup and Europa League in the mean time.

• Like 1

I would be astounded of Beneteke went to a club outside the CL. Its the usual Liverpool way, get your mates in the Liverpool loving media, to tap him up.

If Sterling is worth £40m+ I shudder to think what Beneteke is worth.

Yeah, even your mates at the bloody Birmingham Mail.

• Like 1

What frustrates me in all of this is the stance that Liverpool are taking. £60mil is ridiculous but if you don't want to sell then you are in a strong bartering position.

Admittedly, the Benteke situation is different because no noises are coming from him or his agent so Villa are unable to respond. In fairness to Villa, we have got good money recently for players:

£12mil for Barry-1 year left

£15mil for Young-1 year left

£24mil for Milner-2 years left

£20mil for Downing 2 years left

Proven in the PL will mean he's a safer bet than someone who is currently playing abroad.

As a massive supporter of keeping Benteke at all costs, I would place £60mil on him minimum. If he does go then we need to be compensated. We'd easily get £20mil for him this time next year.

An added problem we'd have is that once we received a big fee, any player we went in for would be over inflated as per Andy Carrol to Liverpool.

• Like 1

The same can be said for Liverpool as well though

If they got 60 mill for Sterling i would want that whole 60 mill for Benteke

Take it or leave it we do not need to sell

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Laziest piece of journalism today in the mirror.

Liverpool will tempt villa to part with benteke by offering lambert in exchange, as we were interested in him in January!!!!

The Reds knew Villa were keen on Lambert in January and hope he can tempt Villa into doing business over their Belgian hitman

Liverpool are ready to offer Rickie Lambert in their bid to sign Christian Benteke.

Aston Villa striker Benteke is one of Liverpool's top transfer targets this summer and they could face competition from Chelsea.

But Liverpool know Villa were keen on Lambert in January and could be ready to offer the England striker as bait for Benteke.

Lambert, 33, decided to stay in January and fight for his place at Anfield but Villa, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth are all keen this summer.

Villa have made it clear they do not want to sell Benteke and boss Tim Sherwood says he is hopeful of him staying.

But they face a major battle to keep him with big interest and his contract has two years to run.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-use-rickie-lambert-bait-5754508

Yes, we were interested in lambert but under an entirely different manager at a time when we weren't scoring or playing well!!!

Not to mention - they may be getting a new manager!

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Laziest piece of journalism today in the mirror.

Liverpool will tempt villa to part with benteke by offering lambert in exchange, as we were interested in him in January!!!!

The Reds knew Villa were keen on Lambert in January and hope he can tempt Villa into doing business over their Belgian hitman

Liverpool are ready to offer Rickie Lambert in their bid to sign Christian Benteke.

Aston Villa striker Benteke is one of Liverpool's top transfer targets this summer and they could face competition from Chelsea.

But Liverpool know Villa were keen on Lambert in January and could be ready to offer the England striker as bait for Benteke.

Lambert, 33, decided to stay in January and fight for his place at Anfield but Villa, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth are all keen this summer.

Villa have made it clear they do not want to sell Benteke and boss Tim Sherwood says he is hopeful of him staying.

But they face a major battle to keep him with big interest and his contract has two years to run.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-use-rickie-lambert-bait-5754508

Yes, we were interested in lambert but under an entirely different manager at a time when we weren't scoring or playing well!!!

Not to mention - they may be getting a new manager!

I laughed out loud when I read that article this morning. If there is any truth in the story of offering a journeyman striker at the end of his career to temp us to sell a world class striker it just shows the arrogance of Liverpool or the pig ignorance of the journalist. Liverpool have certainly got some friends in the media.

As TBA says Rodgers not a nailed on bet to be manager next season. As Shearer said on MotD last night he has spent £224m in three seasons at Liverpool and they are no farther forward.

If Beneteke goes it will be for more than the £30m Liverpool have decided they want to pay and to a much more successful club.

• Like 2

If they want £60 million for Sterling we should say they can have Benteke for £100 million by that reckoning. Benteke has at least done something in the game.

I think that's a load of shite personally. If Sterling wasn't English, he'd be getting raved about for what he's already done at 20. But he's English so overrated no matter what.

Â