Christian Benteke

Kwan

Man City - unlikely they bought Boney as a back-up striker. (10%)

Liverpool - Balotelli is a fail so they may well be in for him but a non-champions league club splash that kind of money? (20%)

Arsenal - possibility but may not be perceived to be good enough on the floor for them (a wrong perception i might add). (30% chance)

Man Utd - another possible depends if Van Gaal likes him or not, would love Ashley's crosses that's for sure and their strikers aren't great/injury prone.(30% chance)

Chelsea - very possible he's better than any of their back-up strikers and would fit the Mourinho mould. (60%)

PSG - another very possible with Ibrahimovic leaving , they need a replacement striker. And France is next to Belgium (50%)

Atletico - they need a striker too, Mandzukic is just not that great. As per Liverpool cost maybe an issue. (10%)

Real Madrid - if Chicharito is good enough for them then Benteke most certainly is. If Chicharito goes they could come in for Benteke as back up. I don't see it mind (5%)

**Percentages based on where he would go if he were to leave.

That adds up to 215%

Seriously? Each possibility is rated out of 100%

Seriously, that's not how percentages work - you can't have a 50% chance of going to PSG and a 60% chance of going to Chelsea.

You could argue the case that there's a  50% chance of PSG making an offer and a 60% chance of Chelsea.making an offer.

There was a similar Guardian article yesterday that came up with a 460% chance of Raheem Sterling playing football somewhere next season:

Liverpool (60%)

Man City (70%)

Man Utd (30%)

Chelsea (60%)

Arsenal (50%)

Bayern Munich (40%)

PSG (70%)

Barcelona (10%)

Real Madrid (30%)

Inter (10%)

Milan (10%)

Juventus (20%)

Absolute gibberish. 

Lol I just don't believe the media, Liverpool are leaking stories to unsettle Benteke but as per usual where they are concerned they can't meet our valuation hence why they are trying to keep the pressure on hoping we will give him away.

With 2yrs left on his contact we will not sell until our valuation is met and then only if he wants to go. As Lambert has said recently Villa believe he is worth more than 30m which I have also read Sherwood has indicated. Honestly if he goes this summer then we are going to get good money for him, Liverpool can jog on as they can't afford him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-face-chelsea-transfer-battle-5730367

Liverpool face Chelsea transfer battle over Aston Villa's Christian Benteke
The champions want to have three top strikers for next season - but would the Belgian prefer being The Man at Anfield to squad-player status at the Bridge?

Jose Mourinho is considering hijacking Liverpool's move for Christian Benteke.

Chelsea boss Mourinho wants to bring in another striker this summer to bolster his forward line for next season.

The newly-crowned champions have been watching striker Benteke in the second half of the season and he is on their list of potential targets.

It would be a huge blow for Liverpool if Chelsea do decide to bid for the Aston Villa star, as Anfield is currently his most likely destination.

Villa value Benteke in the £30million bracket, but are reluctant to sell the Belgium international.

If they lose Benteke this summer, boss Tim Sherwood could turn to Tottenham misfit Emmanuel Adebayor - who he worked with successfully at White Hart Lane last season.

Chelsea already have Diego Costa and Loic Remy on their books, but 37-year-old club legend Didier Drogba is a free agent this summer and could leave Stamford Bridge for the second time in three years.

That trio have struggled because of injuries and the demands of this season and Mourinho believes they must have at least three top-quality strikers.

It remains to be seen whether Benteke would be willing to go to Chelsea to be part of a squad or would prefer to be more of a central figure at Anfield.

What utter speculative bollocks!!!!!

Edited by theboyangel

He's got 2 years left on his contract. Proven premiership goal scorer. National team number 1. Not injury prone.Nothing less than 35m. If we don't get the right money for him it will be better for us too let him run down his contract and help us up the table.

AVFC

• Like 1

i see alot of % numbers being stated in regards to where he might play next season. anyone mind telling me what they are based on? i smell alot of bullshit

60% newspaper rumours

40% VT pessimism

23% Kwan

12% Mendi

1% Grant Holt spreading rumours

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-face-chelsea-transfer-battle-5730367

The champions want to have three top strikers for next season - but would the Belgian prefer being The Man at Anfield to squad-player status at the Bridge?

Chelsea boss Mourinho wants to bring in another striker this summer to bolster his forward line for next season.

The newly-crowned champions have been watching striker Benteke in the second half of the season and he is on their list of potential targets.

It would be a huge blow for Liverpool if Chelsea do decide to bid for the Aston Villa star, as Anfield is currently his most likely destination.

Villa value Benteke in the £30million bracket, but are reluctant to sell the Belgium international.

If they lose Benteke this summer, boss Tim Sherwood could turn to Tottenham misfit Emmanuel Adebayor - who he worked with successfully at White Hart Lane last season.

Chelsea already have Diego Costa and Loic Remy on their books, but 37-year-old club legend Didier Drogba is a free agent this summer and could leave Stamford Bridge for the second time in three years.

That trio have struggled because of injuries and the demands of this season and Mourinho believes they must have at least three top-quality strikers.

It remains to be seen whether Benteke would be willing to go to Chelsea to be part of a squad or would prefer to be more of a central figure at Anfield.

lol the 30 mill price tag the papers keep regarding to is annoying as hell.as if we'd only accept 2 mill more than they got for lukaku
  • Like 1

I've accepted he's probably going to go now. If he helps us win the F.A. cup final he can go with my blessing because he deserves it. 

We are mugging ourselves off if we get less that £35m for him though because realistically he has a potential £55m+ transfer fee after his next move.

Edited by avfcwills10

It is as if we were invisible.

Hello, we might not wish to sell.

Thing that worries me is John Cross is pretty reliable with his info.

Win us the cup then go.

I do not understand why the club/manager do not just say ``He is not for sale''. It would only push his value up if he then did go.

Unless they actually do want to sell him, which in my opinion is a mistake at this stage, as I think we should be getting another year out of him.

That's the worrying thing, and the season hasn't even finished yet. It's like the press have already moved past the question of "will" he go and have moved on to the "where" will he go bit. And the intensity is only going to go through the roof.  Granted, "he's going nowhere" doesn't sell papers (well maybe in Brum it would).

I think, along with Raheem £terling we might be involved in one of this year's summer sagas.

• Like 1

"Christian Benteke to stay at Villa Park" would be one article, and would stop the papers from making money peddling stories from "sources close to the player" or from "The Sun understand that" journalists.... Obviously it is in the newspapers best interests to throw around this garbage in the hope that something sticks. I very much doubt that Benteke has sat down with these journalists before the end of the season so I will believe a move when/if it happens. Hopefully we can win the FA cup and the bin dippers miss out on Europe... I'd rather walk alone...

Man City - unlikely they bought Boney as a back-up striker. (10%)

Liverpool - Balotelli is a fail so they may well be in for him but a non-champions league club splash that kind of money? (20%)

Arsenal - possibility but may not be perceived to be good enough on the floor for them (a wrong perception i might add). (30% chance)

Man Utd - another possible depends if Van Gaal likes him or not, would love Ashley's crosses that's for sure and their strikers aren't great/injury prone.(30% chance)

Chelsea - very possible he's better than any of their back-up strikers and would fit the Mourinho mould. (60%)

PSG - another very possible with Ibrahimovic leaving , they need a replacement striker. And France is next to Belgium (50%)

Atletico - they need a striker too, Mandzukic is just not that great. As per Liverpool cost maybe an issue. (10%)

Real Madrid - if Chicharito is good enough for them then Benteke most certainly is. If Chicharito goes they could come in for Benteke as back up. I don't see it mind (5%)

**Percentages based on where he would go if he were to leave.

That adds up to 215%

Seriously? Each possibility is rated out of 100%

Seriously, that's not how percentages work - you can't have a 50% chance of going to PSG and a 60% chance of going to Chelsea.

You could argue the case that there's a  50% chance of PSG making an offer and a 60% chance of Chelsea.making an offer.

There was a similar Guardian article yesterday that came up with a 460% chance of Raheem Sterling playing football somewhere next season:

Liverpool (60%)

Man City (70%)

Man Utd (30%)

Chelsea (60%)

Arsenal (50%)

Bayern Munich (40%)

PSG (70%)

Barcelona (10%)

Real Madrid (30%)

Inter (10%)

Milan (10%)

Juventus (20%)

Absolute gibberish. 

Whoever came up with those numbers should be sacked right away. Its an insult to anyone who pays for that newspaper.

I refuse to believe that's true as it would mean Tim is a moron and I don't think he is

Austin is quoted at £15-20m and Adebayor makes Gabby look consistent and is on twice as much money. 

Edited by sne

Â