Christian Benteke

Kwan

Great player, Merson, but he hardly knows what day it is, never mind making informed comments. I do love him on Sky Sports Saturday, though, unintentionally hilarious..

like a fish out of a tree  :)

• Like 1

Well if Benteke is going to go to a premier league club.....I hope it's Chelsea

1. It will be good for us in terms of fee

2. It will be good for him in terms of salary and players around him

3. It will be good for Chelsea, because I think he would shine.

....but I would prefer us to build a team around him.

Merson trying to get Chelsea interested, does he hate us or something?

It's just a job...he has to earn a living.....I' m sure what he says will have no bearing on either party

Wished we had a player anywhere close to him with us.

• Like 1

Benteke to Chelsea is going to ruin my summer!

Neighbours are Chelsea fans and it's all they've been going on about for the last few weeks.

It was the main rumour all over Stamford Bridge yesterday from all accounts.

What makes it worse is the bloody champions flags displayed all over there garden, has anyone got a lighter I can borrow

He would be another Remy at Chelsea. A very good striker who doesn't get much of a chance despite scoring in the few games he plays

He's much better than remy, i think he'd step up with ease personally, i think he'd flourish at chelsea

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

It'd be extremely unlikely he'd oust Costa or be played in the same team as him at Chelsea.

But then Chelsea can spend a fortune on a substitute without blinking so who knows. 

Also when Chelsea want a player they tend to just pay  what ever is asked with very little arseing about.

Chelsea don't need a whole lot but they do need something up front. If they bought Benteke then it would be as much to strengthen themselves as it would be to stop a rival from getting him I think.

As for his opportunities. He'd definitely play second fiddle to Costa but I think he'd play a far bigger role in the squad than Remy has. He's potentially the new Drogba. He has it all.

It'd be extremely unlikely he'd oust Costa or be played in the same team as him at Chelsea.

But then Chelsea can spend a fortune on a substitute without blinking so who knows. 

Also when Chelsea want a player they tend to just pay  what ever is asked with very little arseing about.

Good plan. Just tell Roman Loadsamoneyvic to cough up £60-70m or we sell to one of the other big 3.

He should not be a squad player to give Costa a rest when he needs it. He's far too good for that role. I would imagine after playing every week that would be a difficult one to be happy with. Think it would be a big mistake.

• Like 1

Lambert had his opportunity to join us and that bird (and our then manager) has flown. I really do not want to see Christian at Liverpool, Chelsea or at anywhere else next season and I hope Tim can persuade him that B6 remains the place to be for him next season.     

Edited by John

Â