Christian Benteke

Kwan

I just read a report saying that Benteke is the perfect forward valued at 40m, let's hope we tell 50m and we'll "start" talking.

The balls in our court, no need to sell or rush a deal through. That said every player has a value that would mean they go, Liverpool or ? aren't there yet.

I'd rather see him at Chelsea than Liverpool, in all honesty.

The thought of their fans fawning over him and calling him one of their own, as they usually do, makes me feel sick.

Adelaide is absolutely crawling with Liverpool supporters and I can't handle him going there.

The red shirts with his name on it

the sudden elevation in their rating of him to world class striker

the bullshit "it's a shame for you guys but really he did have to step up to a contender to further himself" lines as they battle for Europa League spots

"Oh he didn't have anyone like Coutinho or Henderson feeding him the ball last year that's why he's so good now"

I will **** go insane if he goes to Liverpool. I'd rather he go to West Brom.

Makes your skin crawl just thinking about it, doesn't it?

Urgh.

• Like 1

For me it depends on who offers the most. If United offer £30m but City say offer £40m I hope the club make sure he is on his way to City (if of course he is determined to leave)

On a pure selfish level the club should make sure they get the best offer from whatever club even if it is foreign. Of course we all hope he stays but not sure it is as clear cut as that.

My opinion of the top 4 is that Chelsea and Citeh can go and rot. Chelsea originally ruined football and Citeh brought it to the next ridiculous level of God mode. Arsenal are tolerable and they play lovely football but Wenger is a borderline insufferable dickhead. Whereas for me United are a proper club. OK the Glazers bought them recently but they were a monster before that and they got there organically through the years without a 'shot in the arm' type monetary injection of silly proportions.  Even the Glazers are effectively holding them back with debts. United got where they are in the 'proper' way IMV, season on season, and of the 4 sides up there I would far prefer to see Benteke end up playing up front for them.

The fact it also makes the most sense from a squad perspective is neither here nor there.

Arsenal also did it the proper way though surely? Just more recently than Utd so they did it through constant CL qualification to get established. Chelsea and City, especially City as Chelsea pre Abrahamovic were on the up far more so than City. City were nowhere.

Still though, before Lerner threw £200m+ at us we would have been a long shot for 3 consecutive 6th places ;)

I just hope we sell to Serie A, Spain or Germany when he goes. Then hopefully our reunion will be in the Champions league...

If he goes to Chelsea they'll be much stronger. When Costa is out now they have been using Drogba (who's past it/leaving) or Remy (who isn't really the type of player they want up front alone). If they can pretty much guarentee having Costa or Benteke as there striker for every game I think they'd win everything. 

So I think they'll come in for him. Only thing is they paid £34m for costa (I believe), so I doubt they'll be looking to spend more than that on Benteke.  

Edited by avfcwills10

If he goes to Chelsea they'll be much stronger. When Costa is out now they have been using Drogba (who's past it/leaving) or Remy (who isn't really the type of player they want up front alone). If they can pretty much guarentee having Costa or Benteke as there striker for every game I think they'd win everything. 

So I think they'll come in for him. Only thing is they paid £34m for costa (I believe), so I doubt they'll be looking to spend more than that on Benteke.  

Wasn't that Costa's release clause though? Plus Benteke being younger.

My opinion of the top 4 is that Chelsea and Citeh can go and rot. Chelsea originally ruined football and Citeh brought it to the next ridiculous level of God mode. Arsenal are tolerable and they play lovely football but Wenger is a borderline insufferable dickhead. Whereas for me United are a proper club. OK the Glazers bought them recently but they were a monster before that and they got there organically through the years without a 'shot in the arm' type monetary injection of silly proportions.  Even the Glazers are effectively holding them back with debts. United got where they are in the 'proper' way IMV, season on season, and of the 4 sides up there I would far prefer to see Benteke end up playing up front for them.

The fact it also makes the most sense from a squad perspective is neither here nor there.

My opinion of them is forever spoiled by a primary school playground full of Stourbridge Mancs singing that stupid 'glory glory Man Utd' song at me as a child. Traumatised me forever, that has. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

My opinion of them is forever spoiled by a primary school playground full of Stourbridge Mancs singing that stupid 'glory glory Man Utd' song at me as a child. Traumatised me forever, that has. 

Yeah, same.  Man Utd were the second biggest rivalry for me at school (after Blues) - sad times.

I'm probably a bit too young to be bothered by the Liverpool stuff.  People seem to have genuine hatred for them and would rather see players head to money clubs to sit on the bench.  I find it all strange :(

• Like 1

All these so called proper clubs are only where they are through Champions League money which has virtually locked in the top four. Chelsea and Man City gate crashed the only way possible. Hopefully we can get a wealthy benefactor of our own and Benteke doesn't go any where as we can match his ambition. Unless it's a ridiculous offer I wouldn't sell him this year but if he does go it should only be for a team that can challenge for the big trophies not just qualify for them.

Just been reading some Plop fans comments on this possible signing. Apparently Benteke is not mobile enough and no better than Balotelli.

**** deluded pricks.

Â