Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm not convinced it would be a bad move

he'd be £2.5 million better off each year and would be playing for a high profile club. Theres not many players out there who would pick Villa ahead of Liverpool, given the choice.

Liverpool are desperate for a striker_Lambert Ballotelli and Borini would not get in our side. Benteke would be a nailed on starter for them, as opposed to Chelsea, Man City etc. I have a horrible feeling about this one.

I'm pinning my hopes on him wanting to give us a little bit back after only playing half seasons since signing the new contract. My heart hopes this but my head says otherwise-Especially when his agent was so dismissive of any talk of a move-It made me think something was done and dusted. It was akin to Doug saying "I'm right behind you" to one of his managers.

Him playing for Liverpool over us is not the point

Him playing for someone better than Liverpool is and i'm sure there will be clubs out there better than them in for him

Why shop at aldi when you can shop at harrods?

• Like 2

There has been no mention of anyone other than Liverpool. if bigger clubs come in, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. One point worth considering though is to repeat what Sherwood said: He needs to be playing regularly in the season leading up to the 2016 championships. This may influence a decision. Can't see him being anything other than a regular starter at Liverpool.

It is also worth mentioning that big clubs pay big money-They will possibly look for something a bit more consistent than Bentekes past 2 seasons.

Him playing for someone better than Liverpool is and i'm sure there will be clubs out there better than them in for him

That's it, he could / should be looking for a club already in the CL aiming to win a title, not a club on the outskirts of the CL looking to step up with another step left to go sometime further down the line

Like someone has already mentioned if he can't get that top table move this summer he'd be better off staying with us, getting down to 1 year left and smashing euro 2016, but there's no way him or his agent will think like that

Can Liverpool even afford him? Unless we let him go on the cheap, then I doubt it.

If they sell Stirling, then yes, probably. :(

I expect us to be asking for at least £50M, if clubs like Chelsea enter the situation perhaps even more. If at all possible we should insist on some sort of sell on clause where we get a percentage of any profit Liverpool make when they sell him.

If he does leave I hope it is for Wolfsburg.

They have money so we'd be handsomely paid, he'd play in the CL along with his pal De Bruyne and we'll not have to see him face up against Villa.

Also I happen to follow Wolfsburg so I'd get to see him in another team i like (I started following Wolfsburg in the late 90's after seing them on "Eurogoals" when they had a manager named Wolfgang Wolf)

Guaranteed starter minutes on a very good team in a year of European Champs that his nation will be strong in?

He wont go to Liverpool - end of.

As I said in an earlier post Liverpool have so many gaps in their squad they cannot afford to spunk loads of money on Beneteke regardless of whether they sell Stirling. Much more importantly they are not in the CL and don't have any immediate prospect of getting into it. Personally I doubt Rogers will be their manager this time next year either. Its all just paper talk fueled by the Liverpool loving media whose hard ons have not yet subsided since the grossly OTT and embarrassing Gerard love in last weekend.

Factor in new owners at Villa and I doubt Beneteke will be going anywhere over the summer. His agent has not suggested any move either, in fact I recall he has suggested precisely the opposite. Now there's a man who is not shy of stirring things up.

• Like 1

There has been no mention of anyone other than Liverpool. if bigger clubs come in, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. One point worth considering though is to repeat what Sherwood said: He needs to be playing regularly in the season leading up to the 2016 championships. This may influence a decision. Can't see him being anything other than a regular starter at Liverpool.

It is also worth mentioning that big clubs pay big money-They will possibly look for something a bit more consistent than Bentekes past 2 seasons.

There clearly has been mention of other teams in the media over the past few weeks

Juventus Manure Chelsea Roma Arsenal just to name a few

Guaranteed starter minutes on a very good team in a year of European Champs that his nation will be strong in?

I'm sure he'd be a starter for Spurs and Southampton as well both also "very good teams" that may well finish above them this season

I'm sure he'd be a starter for Spurs and Southampton as well both also "very good teams" that may well finish above them this season

Maybe so, but I'd say they're on the samish level.

He'll stay here (I hope).

Anyone who says going to Liverpool is going sideways is deluded imo. That being said he could do so much better

exactly this for me, He is much better than them but they are better than us if honest. Same with Spurs

Does anyone think our FA Cup success or failure will have an effect on his decision? If we're in Europe there would be no point moving to anyone but a CL team.

Interestingly enough if Liverpool lose to Stoke and Spurs /Soton win they won't be in Europa league if we win the FA Cup ..

• Like 1

Â