Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I have no problem with Bacuna getting a hefty ban.

Wenger thou should have gotten a much more severe ban.

Agreed, the club should seek clarification as to why the difference in length of bans between Bacuna, Wenger and Akpon though.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

There's far too much talking back to officials, swearing, intimidation and a general lack of respect so I'm all for any punishments to try to curb it as it fliters down to all levels of the game. However the powers that be don't ever do anything meaningful to address it and this six game ban won't have any affect either. He deserves it though, if i was in charge it would be a longer ban and bigger fine.

As a side point to this:

"More than 2,000 referees to strike this weekend, says official Ryan Hampson"

Ryan Hampson set up a campaign on Facebook calling on officials across the UK to boycott grassroots games in protest at the treatment they receive.

The 18-year-old says the Football Association's procedures to protect referees are not strong enough.

"At times it has been awful," said Hampson, who referees in Manchester.

"I have been headbutted, I've been spat at and I've been punched, just to name a few things that have happened."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39150413

Edited by villa89

I'm all for big bans for players who try to intimidate or show up a ref in that kind of way. But it seems we're(Bacuna) being made an example of, because they're scared as hell to do it to the likes of Wenger.

Edited by kurtsimonw

52 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

From the games I've seen he's been one of the better players for us this season (not saying much of course).

He's fine at this level, would rather keep him than Hutton.

He's shite, he has contributed next to nothing this season. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Was he?

He gave a bad decision. But it was only a throw in.

For Bacuna to act like he did was beyond idiotic. He's a fool for doing it and he's gotten what he deserves.

Which is fine if other teams got the same punishment 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Was he?

For Bacuna to act like he did was beyond idiotic. He's a fool for doing it and he's gotten what he deserves.

Whilst it was only a throw in, it was a throw in from where there throw in taker could reach the middle of the box and this had looked one of their more likely ways of scoring. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that he was stupid for doing it but had they scored from that throw in it would have been difficult to take especially with it being such an easy decision to get right.

As for whether he's got what he deserves, judging by the incidents highlighted in this thread (Wenger, Akpan, Bamba, Shelvey) I'd suggest he can feel like he's been treated slightly harshly whilst accepting he was an idiot for reacting as he did.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just a little reminder that Sol Bamba only got a 3 match ban for this -

Wow, what an absolute clown, that was a million times worse.

He was proper ready to go to war.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Was he?

You are right. Bacuna deserves to be punished for it, 4 games would have been sufficient - LB was a moron reacting like that. But lets be honest - his reaction came from a very poor decision, which was avoidable IMO. On reflection, I actually feel sorry for the officials, they are just trying their best and will make mistakes.

The worst thing about petulance is it's an extension of poor attitude and it's avoidable.its unprofessional and should be rooted out of a club.

the incident.....

It was a throw in for gods sake, but it's irrelevant anyway, there is no excuse...He would'nt have done that on the pitch in a duel.....just cowardly.

If officials (how ever frustrating they are) are not protected, we have no game.

Their safety should be sacrosanct.....at all levels.

Attacking Referees should be banned for life and charged for assault.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

You are right. Bacuna deserves to be punished for it, 4 games would have been sufficient - LB was a moron reacting like that. But lets be honest - his reaction came from a very poor decision, which was avoidable IMO. On reflection, I actually feel sorry for the officials, they are just trying their best and will make mistakes.

Do the officials smack them around their ear hole , when they make a bad pass?.:)

Just now, sne said:

So has he been fined by the club?

He will after all be ineligible to play for 6 games.

Surely they can fine him the equivalent in wages for that period given it was self inflicted. I feel bad for the guy, it MAY affect his move to Barca. 

• Like 3