Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do you say that in this case?

Everyone has said he played well on Saturday.

Not everyone, you may need to re-read some of the posts. Ive read his end product meant all his running around was worthless. 

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Well I am only presuming that is why he is indeed a big miffed.
I guess it comes down to a different upbringing, I start work at 9:00 am and am there half hour early. I get settled in, prepare for the day ahead. I see people come in at 9:00 and fifteen minutes later they are still flapping about, getting a cup of tea, huffing and puffing.

It has always irked me, that is all.

I am the same even though most of my employers havnt cared, but I have always got to work 10-15 minutes early so I am ready to work all prepared at my starting time. 

30 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not everyone, you may need to re-read some of the posts. Ive read his end product meant all his running around was worthless. 

That's harsh for Saturday, although it's not a bad assessment of his normal performances.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's harsh for Saturday, although it's not a bad assessment of his normal performances.

I suppose that's true, I guess I hoped he may play like that more often..... Aware I am probably just a deluded Villa fan clutching at straws. 

21 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I suppose that's true, I guess I hoped he may play like that more often..... Aware I am probably just a deluded Villa fan clutching at straws. 

I hope he does too.

But going on past evidence, he usually follows these good performances with a chance in the team and is poor.

• Like 1

I can't speak for everyone else, but I can clarify that I couldn't care less if he was at a pissup in 2009 or what he said about the champions league.

In fact i'd wager if you could be arsed to go back through this thread you wouldn't see me comment on them one way or another (I might be wrong, but I don't remember doing so because I don't really care)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I would say that if you were to go back through this thread, removing last season which was a cluster **** for everyone involved, his good performances would outweigh the bad. 

I disagree.

I find his good performances come at Right Back. Which is fine.

But it usually leads to him being played further up the pitch. Where he's normally terrible.

6 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

6 matches seems excessive given Akpan got 4 for pushing a referee. Not sure how these lengths of bans are arrived at. His own fault though ultimately.

They have probably beefed it up due to the referee strike across the country as the FA has come under fire for not protecting match officials at amatuer level.

2 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Yet on Tuesday one of the Bristol players constantly berated the linesman and was up in his face at one point , i can't even recall him being booked. Bacuna's fault this but the lack of consistency is annoying

Yes, I noticed that, he was being particularly aggressive and abusive all game.

6 matches seems a bit harsh, but as said above he only has himself to blame and hopefully he learns from it. I just wish that the FA would be consistant with their bans handed out, but it seems like they just pick a random number out of a hat sometimes. You would hope if someone has been banned for 4 games for similar, then an appeal should reduce that down. I guess it depends on whether the club want this to remain in the news.

6 matches is a bit of a sickener in terms of losing him to the squad for so long but it does just emphasise what a very silly thing he did. Always likely that the FA would make an example of him in a season where they vowed to get tough on players behaving in a threatening way to officials.

As for the comparison with Akpan's suspension, the thinking was probably something like this:

Don't do physical contact with match officials - got that?

No? OK, here's a 4 match ban so you will understand.

Still not got it? OK, here's a 6 match ban  so it will be REALLY clear.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2