Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Wenger got sent off for abusing the linesmen, when he was sent off for that he pushed the fourth official on his way to the stands. He got a 4 match ban. Hes the manager of the team and has greater responsibility to act in the correct way. He should have got far more than Bacuna 

Its right to punish him but the punishments should be consistent   

Edited by tinker
4h
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's precisely because it was done to an official that it was looked at more closely than usual.  It's completely unacceptable.  You can't do that and we can't have players 'running too far' into officials and physically harassing them into making decisions all of a sudden.  I'm NOT saying 6 is right or wrong.  But IF Akpan is a 4 then that's a 6 for me.  Absolutely zero sarcasm. 

Can't get my head around it then. I think you're looking at different incidents to me. 

Nobody is arguing that it's acceptable, by the way. 

• Like 1

Yeah I would have said a four game ban was the right call for this especially as it is his first red card in England, the FA do seem to enjoy sticking the boot in on us.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Can't get my head around it then. I think you're looking at different incidents to me. 

Nobody is arguing that it's acceptable, by the way. 

I've linked the 2 incidents I'm looking at on this page.  The level of aggression in both is very different.  Put yourself in the position of the official in both and ask which one you'd be most intimidated by.  Akpan jogs up and makes contact with the referee using force slightly more than a tap.  Cue comedy wobble backwards by ref.  Bacuna sprints up and goes chest to chest, face to face with the linesman.  I also can't get my head around it, other than this being a Villa forum.  But we'll agree to disagree.

Are we the new Millwall? Should we start singing no one likes us we don't care?

Call me paranoid but certain members of the FA, media and basically the whole of the BBC really have got a rod up their arses about us. In hindsight Bacuna should have axe kicked the word removed. 6 game ban is ridiculous.

6 games is about what I expected.

Can't say it's overly harsh either as acting like that towards an official is about the biggest no-no in football.

Now we will never know if that performance was a one off or if he somehow found a bit of form.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Now we will never know if that performance was a one off or if he somehow found a bit of form.

I'd say that's form ;)

98229cc82fce1d12b143280d65bf0782.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It doesn't, nowhere near. It's a 6 game ban for a chest bump. Not even a hard one either, I'm not being funny but Leo is a **** unit compared to the lino. If he'd actually put anything into it the poor lad would have been flattened. 

Nobody is arguing it's not a straight red and a ban. I think 4 games in order to keep up appearances would have been fine.

SIX? Sorry, they've mugged us right off. 

Its the inconsistency really. If this had been the approach in the premier league for the last ten years, Chelsea and Man Utd wouldnt have been able to field an eligible team half the time because the surrounding and intimidation of the refs in the days of Keane, Viera, Terry etc. 

Luckily for us though, a six match ban in the Championship only equates to about a week and a half!!

Over the top ban compared to some of the other recent ones. Can't help but think they're making an example of him through this ban.

I've not complaints IF incidents following this one are on the same level. If the bans handed out are consistent then that's fine. If somebody after this gets a 3 game ban for pushing an official then the banners come out and we march!! >_>

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Over the top ban compared to some of the other recent ones. Can't help but think they're making an example of him through this ban.

I've not complaints IF incidents following this one are on the same level. If the bans handed out are consistent then that's fine. If somebody after this gets a 3 game ban for pushing an official then the banners come out and we march!! >_>

A ban banner?  What if they're banned?  Think of the headlines.  Ban banner banned.  You could right a song then and call yourselves the ban banner banned band.  I'll stop now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

A ban banner?  What if they're banned?  Think of the headlines.  Ban banner banned.  You could right a song then and call yourselves the ban banner banned band.  I'll stop now.

Barry Bannan will the face of the movement.

• Like 1

Surely making racist remarks is far worse than what Bacuna did? I get it's a red card and 3/4 match ban. But if doing what he did is a 6 game ban, then racial abuse should be at least 10 surely? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've linked the 2 incidents I'm looking at on this page.  The level of aggression in both is very different.  Put yourself in the position of the official in both and ask which one you'd be most intimidated by.  Akpan jogs up and makes contact with the referee using force slightly more than a tap.  Cue comedy wobble backwards by ref.  Bacuna sprints up and goes chest to chest, face to face with the linesman.  I also can't get my head around it, other than this being a Villa forum.  But we'll agree to disagree.

You're using conjecture Bri. I'm not saying your judgement is incorrect, but there's no actual evidence that he was being more or less aggressive than Akpan or Wenger. In fact Akpan and Wenger appeared to completely lose the plot, from what I can see Bacuna's action was a fleeting moment of sheer idiocy, nothing more. A 4 game ban would have been just, I accept that they had to extend it beyond the usual 3.

This is the problem with the FA, zero consistency. They view each incident in a bubble and make it up as they go along. They show little respect for the rules of the game, so how can they expect the players to?  

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

27 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Needs to be transfer listed and sold at the end of the season, a shit player who offers next to nothing.

From the games I've seen he's been one of the better players for us this season (not saying much of course).

He's fine at this level, would rather keep him than Hutton.