Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

In general I disagree. If your contract specifies you to show up at 9:30 then arriving at the premises at that time is perfectly fine. If it takes someone 10-15 minutes to (a) get changed for work (i.e. they have to wear a specific uniform for their job that can't be put on prior to leaving for work) or (b) get to their desk (because they are in a massive building with an overburdened lift system) then this should be specified in the working hours and thus the employee should be paid for that time accordingly (I believe this issue came to light in the Sports Direct scandal, where people were forced to give something like an average of 20 minutes per day in unpaid time in order to enter and leave the building).

However when you are a shite, grossly overpaid footballer like Bacuna is, I have no sympathy for him, the prick should be getting in a 9:00am in order to be ready on the training pitch for 9:30am.  

Are you intending to be ironic with this post? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is there more to the quote than I'm reading here? Because that's not what he says.

Well I am only presuming that is why he is indeed a big miffed.
I guess it comes down to a different upbringing, I start work at 9:00 am and am there half hour early. I get settled in, prepare for the day ahead. I see people come in at 9:00 and fifteen minutes later they are still flapping about, getting a cup of tea, huffing and puffing.

It has always irked me, that is all.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Well I am only presuming that is why he is indeed a big miffed.
I guess it comes down to a different upbringing, I start work at 9:00 am and am there half hour early. I get settled in, prepare for the day ahead. I see people come in at 9:00 and fifteen minutes later they are still flapping about, getting a cup of tea, huffing and puffing.

It has always irked me, that is all.

Sure, you should be at your place and ready to work for the time you are being paid from, not faffing around making a cup of tea. But the extreme is equally irksome. I'd be annoyed if you were getting in 30 minutes early every day making the rest of us look like muggy lazy worms. 

• Like 2

Also worth adding that having just listened to Bruce's post match interview on WM he does say that he thought Bacuna was terrific. It was a much more balanced comment than the sensationalist rubbish posted above. 

I should know better than to take the Evening Mail as gospel. 

• Like 3

I hope that the ban will be for the rest of the season, or rather the rest of his Villa-career.

I don't agree with him being MOM on Saturday, yes he ran a lot, but as always his end product came to nothing and he doesn't contribute to any good build up play or keeping possession. He doesn't seem to understand what his team mates are doing on the pitch, his passes are often under- or over hit, too far behind or too far ahead of the player, it's like he doesn't pass the ball - he kicks it towards a team mate. I also didn't understand his position, in the beginning it looked like he played as a striker, then in a free position behind Kodjia, and then mostly left central midfield. He is fit (built like an MMA wrestler) has a good engine and strikes the ball hard, but he is not a good football player. Then comes his stupidity of regularly doing inexplainable stupid things, so far it has been more of crazy back-passes, throw-ins, arm pulling in his own penalty area etc., but this time he took it to another level of chest bumping an official. The fact that Bruce rates him and thinks he was MOM makes me disilllusioned.

Please get a long ban and please don't play for us again.    

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope that the ban will be for the rest of the season, or rather the rest of his Villa-career.

I don't agree with him being MOM on Saturday, yes he ran a lot, but as always his end product came to nothing and he doesn't contribute to any good build up play or keeping possession. He doesn't seem to understand what his team mates are doing on the pitch, his passes are often under- or over hit, too far behind or too far ahead of the player, it's like he doesn't pass the ball - he kicks it towards a team mate. I also didn't understand his position, in the beginning it looked like he played as a striker, then in a free position behind Kodjia, and then mostly left central midfield. He is fit (built like an MMA wrestler) has a good engine and strikes the ball hard, but he is not a good football player. Then comes his stupidity of regularly doing inexplainable stupid things, so far it has been more of crazy back-passes, throw-ins, arm pulling in his own penalty area etc., but this time he took it to another level of chest bumping an official. The fact that Bruce rates him and thinks he was MOM makes me disilllusioned.

Based on this post and recent performances, you should want almost the whole team banned. :rolleyes:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

If I wanted energy and nuzzling and barking at a match official I'd sign a Labrador. He's a nothing player for me and if that team performance at home against Derby is a benchmark we're well and truly **** getting out of this league anytime in the near future

7 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Utter bilge. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

If I wanted energy and nuzzling and barking at a match official I'd sign a Labrador. He's a nothing player for me and if that team performance at home against Derby is a benchmark we're well and truly **** getting out of this league anytime in the near future

Labradrors are predominantly quite timid and placid dogs. I'd go for a Jackrussell myself if that's what I wanted.

• Like 1

If it wasn't for the good 90 mins he put in on Saturday nobody would be defending him.

It's credit to him that he played well on Saturday. But if you take his performances overall, we won't miss him.

• Like 3

I am one of Bacuna's biggest detractors, never rated him....ever.

But the bloke played very, very well on Saturday, and it might just be that playing alongside a proper midfielder in Lansbury, with the protection of Jedinak behind brought the best out of him. He put in a tireless display, and yes, some of his distribution let him down, but always tried to put his mistakes right. He was most definitely out man of the match on Saturday in my view. Shame he is unavailable now, maybe it's time Gary Gardner showed us what he can do alongside Lansbury if Hourihane is unavailable again.

There are too many fans that are just too blinkered in my opinion. I'm sure they decide on a performance as soon as they see the team sheet! 

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

The ghost of a certain other thread recently moved to off topic hovers over this one.....

Some people don't know how to lay down their pitchforks, villa players are akin to witches in medieval times. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

There are too many fans that are just too blinkered in my opinion. I'm sure they decide on a performance as soon as they see the team sheet! 

Why do you say that in this case?

Everyone has said he played well on Saturday.