Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Don't be a dick and this sort of thing doesn't happen.  No complaints from me.

Nobody is complaining about that. He was wrong. It's more that others - Wenger as an example - seem to get away with less punishment.

Wenger was a 4 game touchline ban.

Edited by DK82

7 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Even Hope Akpan only got a 4 game ban for literally pushing the ref over ffs. :D

That was nowhere near as bad as what Bacuna did.  In fact if we're saying Akpan should be a 4 then Bacuna is definitely a 6.

Just now, BOF said:

No.  Which bit?

Bacuna ran up to the linesman and ran a bit too far, slightly nudging him. 

How on earth is that worse than Akpan completely losing the plot and literally raising his hands and pushing a referee? 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

and ran a bit too far, slightly nudging him.

Did you manage to type that with a straight face?

"ran a bit too far" ?  Are we playing silly buggers here?

Watch it again.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10782068/watch-leandro-bacuna-sent-off-for-shoving-linesman

He squares up and bounces off him chest to chest in a clearly aggressive manner.  The 2 do not compare.

Aston Villa midfielder Leandro Bacuna could face further disciplinary action after being sent off for shoving a linesman.

After the match official awarded Derby a throw-in, the Dutchman looked apoplectic, squaring up to the linesman and barging him with his chest.

• Like 2

Ridiculously excessive. Im still not even convinced his forehead made contact with the lino but im sure someone will prove me wrong.

However, if Jedi, Hourihane and Lansbury stay fit for the next 6 games it may not make much difference

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Did you manage to type that with a straight face?

"ran a bit too far" ?  Are we playing silly buggers here?

Watch it again.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10782068/watch-leandro-bacuna-sent-off-for-shoving-linesman

He squares up and bounces off him chest to chest in a clearly aggressive manner.  The 2 do not compare.

I was being slightly facetious yes. 

Did you manage to type "bounces off him" with a straight face? 

It's a straight red and a 3 match ban, nothing more. If he'd done it to another player he'd not even have received a yellow card, that's how 'aggressive' it is. 

Edit - lol at the Sky Sports quote! Dramatic or what. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was being slightly facetious yes. 

Did you manage to type "bounces off him" with a straight face? 

It's a straight red and a 3 match ban, nothing more. If he'd done it to another player he'd not even have received a yellow card, that's how 'aggressive' it is. 

It's precisely because it was done to an official that it was looked at more closely than usual.  It's completely unacceptable.  You can't do that and we can't have players 'running too far' into officials and physically harassing them into making decisions all of a sudden.  I'm NOT saying 6 is right or wrong.  But IF Akpan is a 4 then that's a 6 for me.  Absolutely zero sarcasm. 

• Like 2

There's far too much talking back to officials, swearing, intimidation and a general lack of respect so I'm all for any punishments to try to curb it as it fliters down to all levels of the game. However the powers that be don't ever do anything meaningful to address it and this six game ban won't have any affect either. He deserves it though, if i was in charge it would be a longer ban and bigger fine.

But as I said at the time.  I like why he got it.  He cared a whole lot.  Too much.  He just stepped over the line.  What we need now is consistency across those kinds of decision regardless of whether someone plays in red or in London or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Ridiculously excessive. Im still not even convinced his forehead made contact with the lino but i'm sure someone will prove me wrong.

However, if Jedi, Hourihane and Lansbury stay fit for the next 6 games it may not make much difference

It doesn't, nowhere near. It's a 6 game ban for a chest bump. Not even a hard one either, I'm not being funny but Leo is a **** unit compared to the lino. If he'd actually put anything into it the poor lad would have been flattened. 

Nobody is arguing it's not a straight red and a ban. I think 4 games in order to keep up appearances would have been fine.

SIX? Sorry, they've mugged us right off. 

• Like 1