Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Just now, TRO said:

Bree...:)

Hutton I guess, but for me he is suspect too.

Like all our players, they have good bits and not so good bits.

Hutton has the same trait as most of the players.....ball watches too much ,drifts out of position, but does have a bit of muscle and resilience.

He will be good when he develops.....just joking:)

or am I if he was 19 as opposed to 32 i would be happier, thinking there is something to come.

Haha ok :) Bree is the future, I think that is a fair assessment of Hutton to be honest 

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

To be fair if I was playing yesterday, haven't won in 11 games and we're 1-0 up in the final minutes, the linesman is stood a yard away and makes the wrong call to give Derby another chance at getting a shot on goal, I think a lot of passionate players would flip out and yell, without any backlash. The difference is he's not screamed his head off and flailed about away from the ref. He's gone right up to him. 

If that was john Terry, Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira they would have reacted the same way and it does show a winning desire, Sadly for Bacuna he made contact(minimal as it was) with linesman and it will cost him

If I did a chest bump to a fat Geordie who splashed me too much in a Centreparcs pool, I'd probably get lamped, and thrown out of the pool with a ban for my poor behaviour.

The stink of it is, he didn't earn that red card by adding positivity in the act for the team benefit. He's let the team and the Club down. Negative publicity (it will blow over after a few hours) and now he's not selectable for the team because of the ban. It wasn't even as though he took a card for the team by cynically fouling the opposition when they had a good scoring chance... No, he boiled over, petulantly and is rightly punished for it.

I got slated on Facebook yesterday for pointing all of this out... called a 'dick' and was described as 'toxic.' Well lol at you. Just, lol... At a time when Villa needed him, especially based on the 'decent' performance from him in that game, we now can't select him because he acted like an idiot. That, for me, is more damaging.

If you want to see what a silly yellow card looks like too, watch the Tom Ince incident. Booked for 'nothing more' than a pantomime, overly exaggerated 'plonk the ball down on the floor' to take the free kick.

21 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Agree totally with this. I love the rugby referees, the way they talk to and advise the players during the game, but also take absolutely no shit from them.

One word of dissent and they are off to the sin bin. Also, by the way, something football would do well to adopt. An immediate 10 minutes of advantage to the opposing side as well as a cooling off period for the player.

And I do not accept this `passionate player' being used as an excuse; rugby players are no less passionate than football players, and rugby is a much more aggressive game.

There is no excuse for the way footballers behave, they really are spoilt prima donnas.

It would be good if this case could spark some wider discussion within the FA about tackling the general poor behaviour among players in their dealings with officials.  Bacuna crossed a line by touching the assistant, and deserves a lengthy ban, but the wider problem of shouting at them, snarling, gesturing, and generally displaying the kind of petulance you expect from a spoiled five-year-old needs dealing with as well.  It's pathetic, it does the game no good at all, and it should be addressed.

Edited by peterms
word missed
  • Like 2

He played well and deserved a starting spot on Tuesday in terms of his performance.  Obviously his actions prevent him from doing so but if he can keep up that type of form it's going to be tough for Hourihane to get back in. 

• Like 1

Stupid red card, and unfortunate that he will miss Tuesday's game as I thought he was decent enough on Saturday. Fortunately we have a fair amount of players who can fill in for him in the midfield.

In saying that it was nice to see some passion from a player. It's something we have desperately missed over the last few years. Hutton showed the same kind of passion in a more constructive way during the game. But at the very least it shows that there is some fight in this side.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Stupid red card, and unfortunate that he will miss Tuesday's game as I thought he was decent enough on Saturday. Fortunately we have a fair amount of players who can fill in for him in the midfield.

In saying that it was nice to see some passion from a player. It's something we have desperately missed over the last few years. Hutton showed the same kind of passion in a more constructive way during the game. But at the very least it shows that there is some fight in this side.

I think the celebration for the goal showed they care as well.

Red card was ridiculous though. 

However, Bruce hardly seems surprised by the whole affair.

“He’s overstepped the mark and done something stupid. Unfortunately that’s Leo,” the under-pressure Villa boss told the Birmingham Mail.

“With Leo it’s all about himself. He tests the manager every day, He’s always late. He’s in at 9.29am if we’re in at 9.30am. If it’s 1pm, he’s here at 12.59pm.

“Maybe it’s just his nature.”

Bacuna had started just half of Aston Villa’s Championship fixtures and, according to Bruce, would have been the first name on the team-sheet for the midweek clash with Bristol City.

Although with a potential four-match ban, not to mention a hefty internal fine, hanging over him, the versatile midfielder appears to have been shunted all the way back to square one.

Well I was calling for him to be starting at right back over Hutton, now I know why he hasn't been.

Whilst I don't rate him, I cannot fault his PASHUN.  I think centre midfield is his best role.  He runs around like a bluearse fly and his energy lets Jedinak do his thing.  He clearly cares about doing well, as his disciplinary record will attest to.  He's on 8 yellows and a red in the league this season.  The red was silly, but in a way I like why he got it.  The role he played on Saturday in what was a winning team is also why I think Gardner will be his most likely replacement.

• Like 2

I've just seen Bruce's comments. 

That's shitty of Steve Bruce. Unless it was tongue in cheek, there's no need. He might 'test' you Steve, but he's hardly done a Ross. 

Is it in Steve Bruce's nature to air all dirty laundry in public? Because he seems quite intent on doing that here. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, a m ole said:

Don't know about anyone else, but i'm pretty sure 9.29am is before 9.30am. He's in with a minute to spare!

Not really, if you start work at 9:30 and your work involves you getting changed and out on the pitch, you're going to be late.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Whilst I don't rate him, I cannot fault his PASHUN.  I think centre midfield is his best role.  He runs around like a bluearse fly and his energy lets Jedinak do his thing.  He clearly cares about doing well, as his disciplinary record will attest to.  He's on 8 yellows and a red in the league this season.  The red was silly, but in a way I like why he got it.  The role he played on Saturday in what was a winning team is also why I think Gardner will be his most likely replacement.

His awareness on the ball and technique is poor though, making him shite in central midfield against any side who is half way decent at this level. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

His awareness on the ball and technique is poor though, making him shite in central midfield against any side who is half way decent at this level. 

I don't disagree.  Our posts don't conflict in any way :)

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really, if you start work at 9:30 and your work involves you getting changed and out on the pitch, you're going to be late.

In general I disagree. If your contract specifies you to show up at 9:30 then arriving at the premises at that time is perfectly fine. If it takes someone 10-15 minutes to (a) get changed for work (i.e. they have to wear a specific uniform for their job that can't be put on prior to leaving for work) or (b) get to their desk (because they are in a massive building with an overburdened lift system) then this should be specified in the working hours and thus the employee should be paid for that time accordingly (I believe this issue came to light in the Sports Direct scandal, where people were forced to give something like an average of 20 minutes per day in unpaid time in order to enter and leave the building).

However when you are a shite, grossly overpaid footballer like Bacuna is, I have no sympathy for him, the prick should be getting in a 9:00am in order to be ready on the training pitch for 9:30am.